Thread: Time Article On Psilocybin page

DanielP is offline Junior Member

Time Article On Psilocybin

There's an interesting article on 'shrooms in Time's online health magazine. I searched the forum to note Magic Mushrooms are occasionally discussed but didn't find a consensus (yet) on whether their consumption could be considered "Paleo" appropriate. To me it fits with the earthy and spiritual side of living close to nature, not as a recreational device but as a means to personal expansion:

Time Article

dado Guest
    you don't need someone to tell you it's appropriate.

it is one of the best things you will ever experience in your life.

anyone that dies without taking mushrooms or a related psychedelic has not lived a single day.

a wasted life.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I would agree up to a point, I've seen people totally freak out, they're not for everyone. I did a variety of them when younger and it was life altering but it's in the past. I can't think of one person that formed a habit of them which is unusual for drugs.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I would agree up to a point, I've seen people totally freak out, they're not for everyone. I did a variety of them when younger and it was life altering but it's in the past. I can't think of one person that formed a habit of them which is unusual for drugs.
    if a moron takes them and freaks out, this is not because of the mushroom but because of the moron.

everyone must keep this in mind when considering a mushroom trip.

DanielP is offline Junior Member
    I only do on a buddy system, dedicate a weekend, treat it like a spiritual journey. Used for recreation purposes only it could get one into trouble (thinking other substances would probably be ingested as well).

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielP View Post
    I only do on a buddy system, dedicate a weekend, treat it like a spiritual journey. Used for recreation purposes only it could get one into trouble (thinking other substances would probably be ingested as well).
    you don't take it to watch your friends melt. if your objective is some cheap laughs, alcohol is well enough and much cheaper.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    when I took shrooms as a teenager, we would spend the entire night inthe woods with a fire and that's it. It was an awesome experience, like the first few times I took acid, but that just loses it's fun after a while. Mushrooms never did.