Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why only sprint every 7-10 days? page

Jenn is offline Senior Member

Why only sprint every 7-10 days?

Shop Now
    Is it more beneficial to sprint 2-3 times a week? Just wondering if every 7 days was a minimum or maximum. Thanks

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i think twice a week would be fine. the real thing is not to fall into chronic cardio obsession with maxing out your heart rate all the time. that's not good.

UK Guy is offline Senior Member
    I also think twice a week would be fine...with one caveat...you'd have to weigh it up against the other exercise you were doing that week, plus your recovery factors. For example twice a week may not be as good for you if you were weight training your legs hard twice a week also. If your lifestyle at the time was also wearing you out...long working hours / lack of sleep etc, then you may not gain that much benefit from twice a week sprinting.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    If im feeling froggy, i'll throw in a tabata set of burpees mid week..

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    you can certainly sprint more than once per week, but like UK Guy said, don't let that detract from your other workouts and recovery. this is actually a great fat loss tool. 3 times though...i don't know. if your sprinting correctly (crazy, all-out effort) and lifting things at least twice a week, and moving slowly, you're going to be way too wiped for a third sprint workout.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Diminishing returns.

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    1) If you're going all out, chances are, once every week is all you'll be able to do and recover properly. If you're able to do it 2-3 times, you're probably really just doing intervals, which is fine, but it's not sprinting.

2) Jakey's wrong. Sprinting can't become chronic cardio. It's not steady state running. It's fractal. Not to mention that if you are sprinting for an hour or more, you're doing something wrong. My 10 sprints take me about 20 minutes max. Any more and I"m spewing the contents of my stomach out.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Higher injury possibility. When you sprint, by definition, your whole body is challenged to the fullest (or you are not sprinting). If you have a weak link anywhere it will snap if you are not super-focused and super-rested. With both swimming (fins) and running sprints, I notice that it creates huge DOMs, and if you do anything else, it will hinder it. I would start with 1 a week, and see how it feels and fits.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    If you're asking the question, you're probably not really sprinting.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Higher injury possibility. When you sprint, by definition, your whole body is challenged to the fullest (or you are not sprinting). If you have a weak link anywhere it will snap if you are not super-focused and super-rested. With both swimming (fins) and running sprints, I notice that it creates huge DOMs, and if you do anything else, it will hinder it. I would start with 1 a week, and see how it feels and fits.
    +1 really sprinting requires recovery.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast