Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member

The Feminization of Males

In western culture and society the gender line is becoming more and more blurred, particularly in the last 2 generations. Where has the archetypal male image gone? What do women think about this? What do the guys think?

Do women find men wearing women's pants attractive? I know of some chemical issues surrounding a contaminated food supply (BPA, etc.).

What do people feel is exactly going on?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Some women do... some don't. Not all males dress/act that way so it's not really a big deal.
    Honestly I'd rather have a guy act/dress how he really feels comfortable with himself even if that means it's "feminine" in some peoples opinion than a guy who walks around faking YOUR concept of "maleness". Many traditional cultures even allow for transgender individuals to hold a respected place within the community.

Feminine and masculine are completely social/cultural constructs... not so long ago in europe the MOST masculine/sought-after males often wore high heels, lace poofs, brightly colored brocades and silks, make-up, and wigs or at least were expected to have long silky elegantly coiffed hair.
    Study some anthropology and history sometime. Feminine and masculine are not static.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Some women do... some don't. Not all males dress/act that way so it's not really a big deal.
    Honestly I'd rather have a guy act/dress how he really feels comfortable with himself even if that means it's "feminine" in some peoples opinion than a guy who walks around faking YOUR concept of "maleness". Many traditional cultures even allow for transgender individuals to hold a respected place within the community.

Feminine and masculine are completely social/cultural constructs... not so long ago in europe the MOST masculine/sought-after males often wore high heels, lace poofs, brightly colored brocades and silks, make-up, and wigs or at least were expected to have long silky elegantly coiffed hair.
    Study some anthropology and history sometime. Feminine and masculine are not static.
    Yet more proof that I was born in the wrong daggone century. I don't know what it is about men that can pull off makeup and long hair . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post

I'm not sure you understand,I wasn't making a judgement about one way or the other. I was making an observation about our current society. I guess it's pretty atypical for MDA forums to be misconstrued like this. I suppose starting a discussion wasn't right for this forum.

I'm completely aware of the historical and anthropological status of the masculine and feminine morphing and blurring lines. I was curious about what people thought.

dado Guest
    men are not social constructs.

a man is a man is a man.

like i said in the other thread, whether a male is a man is determined by the way he sees the world, not by any superficial fashion or by some skill.

the biological difference between the sexes necessitates, by definition, that the male and female will experience the world differently.

for the question 'what is a man?' the answer is 'the male that is most united with his Soul'.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    You have a couple of theories, ranging from the societal:

The knife of feminism has cut too far. Instead of equality, we've ended up with sameness.

To the metaphysical:

The Earth is entering the feminine half of its galactic orbit.

What we need, is to bring back the Spartan state!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    Probably the advent of birth control for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
    You have a couple of theories, ranging from the societal:

The knife of feminism has cut too far. Instead of equality, we've ended up with sameness.

To the metaphysical:

The Earth is entering the feminine half of its galactic orbit.

What we need, is to bring back the Spartan state!
    Those are pretty interesting theories...

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, and feminist women try to be better than men, even to hating - when we're all equal. It's a mixed up world.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    In western culture and society the gender line is becoming more and more blurred, particularly in the last 2 generations. Where has the archetypal male image gone? What do women think about this? What do the guys think?

Do women find men wearing women's pants attractive? I know of some chemical issues surrounding a contaminated food supply (BPA, etc.).

Humans are the most adaptable species on the planet. You're viewing gender through the bias of Western civilization. While sex and gender are innate, although fluid, the markers you're using are those of the culture you're a part of. While there are definite biological differences between the sexes how we express our masculine or feminine can and does vary over cultures. What's rapidly changed over the last 2 generations is technology. The archetypal male has had to adapt to a world that requires more brain and less brawn.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast