Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 9

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have observed the feminization of men and boys. As much as I hate to admit it, the first place it was evident was myself. Next I noticed it in my father, and now I see it all over. My main priority in life right now is to work towards my perception of manhood, which I'm not going to discuss with any of you because it's non-negotiable.

This is a whopper of a thread, and I feel like there isn't much I can add, except that Man is Truth hit the nail right on the head; his is just an example of a growing trend. I'm not good at explaining it, but this is a good place to start. I've read the book, and although it's more self help oriented, it does somewhat explain the phenomena. For $10 I think it's worth it even if you don't identify with the description in the interview.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    There is no incentive to stand up for yourself. In evolutionary times, assertive behavior that gained respect translated to subordinate tribesman offering more active forms of loyalty. In post-evolutionary (eugenic) times, such assertiveness identifies the individual as a force against the comfort of their belonging-delusion; since resources (jobs, grants, status-awards, vacation privileges, pensions) are in the grips of or under the heel of State power, assertiveness that threatens group delusion is threatening behavior that is punished, removing the incentive to behave this way.

Of course they can have all of their resources and their kneeling. I stroke my dick at the scepters of royalty.
    That's absolute hogwash. I stood up for myself often in workplace and school and gained many rewards that I needed for success. It's a matter of timing and how you do things that is the key.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kenn is offline Senior Member
    what of mine is an example of a growing trend?
    It's a matter of groupthink than anything. If you are able to speak properly and concisely, you should be able to make good inroads against the grain.

Kenn it depends on the environment and how resources are acquired within it. Of course there are subcultures that value and necessitate aggressiveness and confidence; state colleges are not one of them. The public education for which the students were training- not one of them, My point is that as things are increasingly centralized, this illness will metastasize. It is the preferred state of being for people wishing to get by in the Imperial Orthodox global states.
    I went to a state college in a constitutional law class the prof basically said life, liberty and pursuit of happiness was progressive mumbo jumbo. The whole class was nodding in agreement. I stood up and said "you're wrong!" and then proceeded to explain the roots of lockean philosophy. The whole class ended up agreeing with me at the end and the professor gave me an A in the class, I didn't get from points alone.

If you really know your shat and you can express your thoughts clearly without being condescending it is welcome almost anywhere.
    Last edited by kenn; 01-24-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Some women do... some don't. Not all males dress/act that way so it's not really a big deal.
    Honestly I'd rather have a guy act/dress how he really feels comfortable with himself even if that means it's "feminine" in some peoples opinion than a guy who walks around faking YOUR concept of "maleness". Many traditional cultures even allow for transgender individuals to hold a respected place within the community.

Feminine and masculine are completely social/cultural constructs... not so long ago in europe the MOST masculine/sought-after males often wore high heels, lace poofs, brightly colored brocades and silks, make-up, and wigs or at least were expected to have long silky elegantly coiffed hair.
    Study some anthropology and history sometime. Feminine and masculine are not static.
    I was going to reply but I don't need to. This post says everything I wanted to.
    ~Sandy

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't get the whole Justin Bieber thing for young girls. When I was an adolescent, my heart belonged to Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis. Still does, even though they're geriatric. Those guys are MEN.

When I was younger, I would have considered myself solidly a feminist: women can do anything men can do... but better.

As I've aged (just like a fine wine), I find myself solidly in the traditional camp. VERY traditional. I believe women should receive equal pay for equal work, yada yada yada, but I prefer my men masculine. Girly men just aren't my thing. Even during my "feminist" days, I wouldn't date a guy if he wore too much product in his hair. Any guy who spent more time on his hair than I did wasn't worth my time.

My posse consists of pretty masculine men. Although I am happily married, there is nothing that gets my juices flowing faster than watching 3 or 4 manly dudes work with their hands... building a deck, repairing a roof, constructing a shed.

Although most people would say I wear the pants in my marriage (I am a control freak), my husband does not bow to my every whim. I'd have no respect for him if he did. We work as a team, but I treat him like he is the man of the house. There is nothing sadder to me than a man whose wife carries his nuts around in her purse.

There's a blog about married men and sex called Married Man Sex Life written by Athol Kay. He is very much into the idea that men should be the Alphas of their relationship, and that women do not respect Betas. Overall, I tend to agree with him, even if he seems like a misogynistic pig at times. Feminists hate him, but any married man who hasn't been getting laid lately could do worse than to read his blog.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    I like your picture of some Chinese Marbled Tea Eggs.
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't get the whole Justin Bieber thing for young girls.
    Let me take a stab at this.

Media portrayal of men as either bumbling, impotent fools or dangerous sexual predators. >> Dearth of presence of male figures and overabundance of female figures in children's (boys' and girls') lives leads them to accept those portrayals and summarily reject "men" out of disgust and fear, respectively. >> Idolizing still remains a natural thing for children and teens >> Bieber is idolized because he is a feminized and therefore "safe" male, who is also popular, rich and assumes a mantle of power when commanding a screaming audience on stage.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

The Big Lebowski: What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?
    The Dude: Dude.
    The Big Lebowski: Huh?
    The Dude: Uhh... I don't know sir.
    The Big Lebowski: Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?
    The Dude: Hmmm... Sure, that and a pair of testicles.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Let me take a stab at this.

Media portrayal of men as either bumbling, impotent fools or dangerous sexual predators. >> Dearth of presence of male figures and overabundance of female figures in children's (boys' and girls') lives leads them to accept those portrayals and summarily reject "men" out of disgust and fear, respectively. >> Idolizing still remains a natural thing for children and teens >> Bieber is idolized because he is a feminized and therefore "safe" male, who is also popular, rich and assumes a mantle of power when commanding a screaming audience on stage.
    Forget the rest. Here's what gets a man laid, probably in that order:
    1. Fame
    2. Power
    3. Money
    4. A guitar

Look at the list of Marilyn Manson's girlfriends. Stunners, all of them, ever since he got famous. He's ugly, he doesn't have an interesting personality and he's as weak and beta as it gets (that's what I got from his bio anyway). It doesn't matter, he's a rockstar and he's got all 4 items listed above.

And yeah, sure, Justin Bieber looks like a 12 years old girl before puberty, but he's not the only ''sex-symbol'' out there. Chris Evans, Hugh Jackman or Chris Hemsworth all look like they could hold their own in a fight and they're pretty popular with the ladies.

A last one, for those annoyed at men in sitcoms: Ed O'Neill and Sofia Vergara in Modern Family. That is all.

Edit: I almost forgot, The Art of Manliness is everything that's right about men and the internet. It's full of fun and old-school tips on how to be a better, stronger and more accomplished person (and man). It's funny, it's not derogatory to women and it's smart.
    Last edited by Winterbike; 01-25-2012 at 07:44 AM.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Law has always been about fear of the dicks of the poor guys who work all day and are strong and have a lot of testosterone.
    This is not a positive trait anymore as it doesn't pay the bills. It's the weaker men that make money now for the most part, and those are the men desirable women select to mate with. I know some very sexy attractive women, most of whom have a threshold of a 6 figure salary for the men they will date. So you see these gorgeous, fit, smart women with men with moobs and a nice car. Literally the hottest guy I know is a 20 something, AMAZING body, just wow drop dead attractive. He digs ditches for a living. Dated some dumpy gal for a while, asked her to marry him and she said no, wanted to start a family. I see him and I'm like ... Wow.... wish I was single- I'd be all over that! Meanwhile, I have a stunning friend who's husband has larger breasts than I do. He's very passive, but a nice guy. I don't think in any universe, I could get into sleeping with the guy- but he makes 6 figures.

My guess as to what will happen- women who make money and don't need a man to support them will end up with the handsome/masculine guys, but are less likely to reproduce.

Oh, and I don't think corporate america favors the strong, decision maker independent man anymore- they want the team player chump.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast