Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 53

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Women....grow up. You just sound like snickering bachelorettes that are riding high while they're young who struggle to find men as they get older. It's pathetic.
    Amusing assumptions...

I'm certainly not young. Hell, I'm 20 years past that. Nor am I single... been with my husband for 15 years.

I'm happily married, to a happily married and very masculine man...
    The kind who is confident and secure in his masculinity so that he doesn't need to yap his head off about silliness such as you are doing... who 100% believes in equality of all people based on individual merits and characteristics not the sexual organs they posses, or their race, etc.
    There are men in this world who are small and slight of build and who's best talent is dancing on broadway or giving a great manicure.
    There are women who can, I guarantee, both out-think and out physically work many men (including you).
    Individual people, individual characteristics, individual merits.

Why the flippant remarks then?
    I simply don't see anything you are saying as actually worth addressing with any real seriousness.
    I'm not going to change your mind.
    You are youthfully entrenched in defending your turf regardless how illogical/ridiculous it is, and will remain willfully ignorant for as long as you please.
    Enjoy that.

Maybe someday you'll grow up a bit.
    Also, do try to remember that there is likely someone out there that thinks you are 'inferior' for 'logical' reasons too.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    A longish read, but very well worth it. And off topic, but not really.
    There is hope for us yet... maybe...

State of the Species.
    That was a long read. Here's the problem I have with it, though: It assumes (as Tainter is critical of) that human "progress" is linear. But it's not. Historically, societies have grown in complexity and then collapsed. Populations collapse and a "dark age" set in. As a whole, the population becomes less literate.

Past societies energy system was solar (ag crops) along with biomass (wood) for heat. Complex societies are dependent upon efficient energy source (including resource commodities like copper, etc) which will determine how much of a population it can sustain. What happens to the population if that primary energy source can't be sustained? When coal became the primary energy source, that injection of high energy allowed for a more complex social structure to develop which in turn supported greater technological innovation. Then crude oil came into use, first as a replacement (kerosene) for whale-lamp oil. It was once said that the streets of London were lit with whale oil. Watch the movie Titanic. You have all those men shoveling coal to keep the ship powered. By simply switching to fuel oil you replace most of those men with pumps.

People confuse technology with energy. Technology uses energy and finds ways to exploit it more efficiently but it doesn't create energy. Human use of energy evolved from using biomass, to coal, to oil & natural gas, and nuclear. Each one more energy dense than the former. 75% of the energy used in the US comes from oil and natural gas. It's well worth spending the time to learn what Martenson complied in The Crash Course | Peak Prosperity He actually lets people copy it to DVD and sell for $10 a copy. His only restriction is not to change the content.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Are you mocking me with that first sentence or being honest?
    Uh, I was being sarcastic. I don't think that either statements are true, and as other people have said, whenever one people group looks at themselves and declares they are superiour, it's possible there's some observer bias going on. Since that's how basically every people group ever sees themselves.

To be clear, I never claimed white superiority in all phases of life. I have a belief that all people deserve basically equal dignity. However, I think certain races are smarter than others.
    I think that 'smart' is too complex to be reduced in this way. Part of the reasoning behind why blacks in american were held in a sub-human state for so long was the 'scientific' reasoning that they were retarded. When you place a cloth over a white babies head, normal babies squirm and are distressed, while babies that grow up to be retarded do not. African american babies don't have the squirm reflex either. So that was used as scientific justification for the sub-normal intellect of african americans.

Completely ignoring the decades of entrenched prejudice which made like harder for them.

Even among "white" people, there are smart and dumb races.
    But are the differences genetic, or cultural? And do you think that CULTURE is hardwired?

Another simple explanation for the European vs the African is that cold climate living requires more intelligence to survive.
    Yes, it is a simple explanation. I think it's overly simplistic. Have you read Guns, Germs and Steel? I think that's a much better arguement for why some people groups dominate others.

I think a huge difference that men from women is the drive that men have. Here's a simple evolutionary reason for why men have drive: sexual competition. Do women go to college and get careers so that they can attract men?
    Actually, for some women, yes. Just like some men and women who are ostensibly christian go to church for the sole purpose of finding a mate.

No, they're doing it for their own personal reasons.
    I think that ultimately EVERYONE does everything for personal reasons?

Men seek fame and fortune for women ALL THE TIME. Men will do wild things to get women. Also, this drive is not necessarily conscious, but men who use that drive to achieve something are not necessarily looking for sex. Think of it as a form of mental masturbation. Men have a larger "organ" in their brain that they have to keep satisfied in order to be happy. This organ I believe is a relic of evolution.
    I think that both men and women can be equally stupid when it comes to sex.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 11-14-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It is perfectly reasonable to assume that more technically advanced civilizations have existed on this planet in the past. The sheer speed of current advancements is a clue to how thin the strata of evidence would be after it's collapse. In 200 years we've gone from horses to supersonic jets, from abacus to hand-held computers. Were our world to collapse today, most of our technological artifacts would be dissembled and lost in short order. We're just one bead on a long chain of rising and falling cultures. Men and women alike. We are together, doomed together, struggling together, different and the same. No part of our species is any better than another. Sure, one paranoid white guy might fare better in a society that favors white paranoia, and a relaxed black person will find social success in a more laid-back nation. But they are just different, and it's all going to be washed away regardless.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    It is perfectly reasonable to assume that more technically advanced civilizations have existed on this planet in the past. The sheer speed of current advancements is a clue to how thin the strata of evidence would be after it's collapse. In 200 years we've gone from horses to supersonic jets, from abacus to hand-held computers. Were our world to collapse today, most of our technological artifacts would be dissembled and lost in short order. We're just one bead on a long chain of rising and falling cultures. Men and women alike. We are together, doomed together, struggling together, different and the same. No part of our species is any better than another. Sure, one paranoid white guy might fare better in a society that favors white paranoia, and a relaxed black person will find social success in a more laid-back nation. But they are just different, and it's all going to be washed away regardless.
    No unless there's an energy source they used that we aren't aware of. You cannot have a complex society without an energy source capable of supporting that complexity. If such a culture did exist the evidence for it would be around, porcelain toilets for example.

Here's a shortened version of The Crash Course that Matenson gave in Boulder Co
    The Crash Course: The 45 Minute Version | Peak Prosperity
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    No unless there's an energy source they used that we aren't aware of. You cannot have a complex society without an energy source capable of supporting that complexity. If such a culture did exist the evidence for it would be around, porcelain toilets for example.
    Uh, the sun is the energy source?

Just because we're unsustainably using up stored reserves of solar energy in the form of oil doesn't mean that every civilization has depended on it.

I agree that if humans were to vanish tomorrow there would be the fossil equivalent of building superstructures like the pyramid that would still be detectable a million years from now (or whenever the next literate species arose).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Uh, the sun is the energy source?

Just because we're unsustainably using up stored reserves of solar energy in the form of oil doesn't mean that every civilization has depended on it.

I agree that if humans were to vanish tomorrow there would be the fossil equivalent of building superstructures like the pyramid that would still be detectable a million years from now (or whenever the next literate species arose).
    I didn't say every civilization had depended upon oil. Ultimately, all energy sources come from the sun. I said complex societies/cultures -- and esp modern ones -- require huge amounts of energy and there is no replacement for the fossil fuels we've relied upon. Tainter calls it the Energy Spiral Drilling Down: Tainter and Patzek tell the energy-complexity story | Our Finite World.

The sun is dispersed energy. Biology and geology stored up millions of years worth of that solar energy and over millions of years geology concentrated it. Rainfall is good analogy. It rains (which also is solar energy driven), using gravity geology concentrates that energy into rivers which we have dammed up to produce hydroelectric power.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post
    Yeah, and feminist women try to be better than men, even to hating - when we're all equal. It's a mixed up world.
    I'm a feminist. I don't try to be better then men, what does this even mean, better at what? And I certainly don't hate them. I married one and gave birth to two more.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    That was a long read. Here's the problem I have with it, though: It assumes (as Tainter is critical of) that human "progress" is linear. But it's not. Historically, societies have grown in complexity and then collapsed. Populations collapse and a "dark age" set in.
    True, but regardless of the complexity of the society, or whether we look at it linearly, or as a rhizome, or as some other model the outcome according to what both Chris Martenson and Charles Mann are saying is - collapse, or reaching a "second inflection point" after which our numbers sharply decrease - unless we make a change.

What I appreciated from the Mann article are the examples where some human groups have made an about face (slavery, women's rights) and it is at least hopeful because of that - or else it acts as a massively false panacea.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is the best thread ever right now

wilton got jokes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast