Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 51

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I agree that men are superior to women in the same way that whites are superior to other races.

p.s. Have you read this before? What do you think of it?

Ooh! I actually know this one. We are getting smarter, which is a necessary cognitive adaption to an increasingly complex world.
    Are you mocking me with that first sentence or being honest? To be clear, I never claimed white superiority in all phases of life. I have a belief that all people deserve basically equal dignity. However, I think certain races are smarter than others. Even among "white" people, there are smart and dumb races. The most extreme are the Ashkenazi Jews. I think a cause for this is that they lived primarily in city centers for the past 1,500 years. They've experienced highly civilized pressures to evolve for much longer than other populations. Another simple explanation for the European vs the African is that cold climate living requires more intelligence to survive.

I don't disagree with the Flynn effect. I haven't read much about it, but I think it could be true. There is a great difference between raw intelligence and wisdom though. I was referring to the later when I said that America is getting dumber.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-14-2012 at 01:02 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I think a huge difference that men from women is the drive that men have. Here's a simple evolutionary reason for why men have drive: sexual competition. Do women go to college and get careers so that they can attract men? No, they're doing it for their own personal reasons. Men seek fame and fortune for women ALL THE TIME. Men will do wild things to get women. Also, this drive is not necessarily conscious, but men who use that drive to achieve something are not necessarily looking for sex. Think of it as a form of mental masturbation. Men have a larger "organ" in their brain that they have to keep satisfied in order to be happy. This organ I believe is a relic of evolution.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-14-2012 at 12:59 AM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Masculinity and femininity are not socially imprinted. The (general) behavior differences and values that differentiate men and women are genetic.
    Excerpts from Brain Sex

Here's a debate on that
    I wanted to mention that I finally went through and read that. It was very interesting. I wish I was able to see harder numbers on all the things they claimed.

There's no doubt in my mind that it is genetic though. When basically all social structures point the same way, it is no accident. It was won at birth.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I just read an excellent article about this by Eric Peters:

Fuuuuhhhhhhhtttball: The Modern Two Minutes’ Hate | Eric Peters Autos

The article is about how American males have been mentally casterated by, not females but by the whole system in the USA of don't resist, obey everything.

The contrast between males in the USA and in other countries that I have worked in is obvious. Here in Egypt, boys get in fights in school, life goes on. In the USA both sides are punished, often with criminal charges.

I also wrote about this on my blog: Where have all the warriors gone? : Hardcore Mind

I'm afraid the trend is set, I don't seem men getting their balls back anytime soon. And it ain't the women's fault either.
    That fighting element is totally true. Violence of any kind is very politically incorrect. I experienced the 'principal's office' treatment a lot for it when I was younger.

Another good example of this is something I saw on Youtube the other day. A guy steals something and is being chased by two cops through the entire mall. No one helps the cops at all or even stops to give them the time of day. Finally, the last time the burglar tried to steal something (he did this at many malls and taped it for comedy), a guy wrestled him down. PS- Is a girl ever going to do that? Hell no.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-14-2012 at 01:20 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    God, no one is saying that there are no differences between males and females - I mean no shit sherlock - how did you figure that out?
    It's no big deal that there are differences, but the consistent "women are inferior" is ridiculous. It is individual. There are women that are stronger, smarter and more powerful then some men. Women, given the opportunity to educate themselves are doing well and don't seem inferior in terms of intellect, just taking time to catch up numbers wise. And in terms of brawn, yeah, probably the world's strongest human is a man.... but there are plenty of physically weak men and strong women. And there are some damn aggressive women out there.

I have to laugh.... I made it through grad school with a 4.0, I kicked ass. It wasn't hard. "Smart men" in my statistics class got by with a "C". I got an A. They got B's and C's in learning GIS, I got an A. A's in macro economics, public policy... on and on. They were B and C students. Great guys, smart and well thought, but bottom line, I out performed them. It was not hard work for me. No one helped the ladies out extra and the men had no extra burden.

It comes down to individuals, hell, at Cross Fit, there are a few women that kick the ass of a few of the men. And the men are not pasty and unfit.... the women are just holy crap amazing.

And more and more women are becoming amazing at what they have talent in and what they enjoy, now that they have the chance. I think its a net benefit for society to have an increase in the number of talented and skilled people....even if it means that a number of less talented people become less relevant.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I think a huge difference that men from women is the drive that men have. Here's a simple evolutionary reason for why men have drive: sexual competition. Do women go to college and get careers so that they can attract men? No, they're doing it for their own personal reasons. Men seek fame and fortune for women ALL THE TIME. Men will do wild things to get women. Also, this drive is not necessarily conscious, but men who use that drive to achieve something are not necessarily looking for sex. Think of it as a form of mental masturbation. Men have a larger "organ" in their brain that they have to keep satisfied in order to be happy. This organ I believe is a relic of evolution.
    And they do incredibly stupid shit as well, sometimes Darwining themselves. That "drive" has often driven companies, countries, relationships, etc. off of cliffs. Women, OTOH, tend to take a more measured approach, looking out for the good of many, as opposed to personal glory. They may not take the big risks required for a fast return, but that also keeps them from losing their asses when the shit hits the fan. Women-Run Hedge Funds Fare Crisis Far Better - Building Gender Balanced Business So no, men and women aren't exactly the same (which I never said) but are indeed capable of many of the same things, albeit with a different approach.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Yeah, but here's the thing... isn't the greatest power of all the ability to continue the line? You know, spread the seed and see your offspring thrive and reproduce?

Guess which attitude gets you laid on a regular basis by intelligent, strong women. The same kind of woman that would go all "mama bear" on the ass of anyone that would mess with her cubs, and would assure their success in the world. Not the kind of woman that sees herself as a waste of oxygen and has lost the will to fight, for herself or her babies.

I do believe survival of the gene and thriving progeny are the ultimate displays of "power", don't you think?
    hell by this argument it is a good thing i took the testicles offline at 20. god knows how many children i would have had.

.... i dont even exercise .....
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Which ethnicities show the highest and lowest intelligence? Most enterprising exploration and conquest has been by the white man.
    uhm, uhm, uhm????

i hope you are joking here. or maybe you are just too young to know any better, youth is riddled with functional errors.

recognition of whites has been done by whites.

that hardly makes it an objective exercise.

i am not denying that some white people made some pretty cool shit IN OUR CURRENT ENVIRONMENT, however Monsanto is also a white ongoing concern.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy, Horatio.

most of the worlds intelligence has not destroyed it. Additionally most of the worlds intelligence has been carefully hidden from the "white" man due to the clear knowledge that the Caucasian race in general ( Aryan and Indo Aryan alike) are just beserking genocidal destroyers looking for something to smash mindlessly.

Hopefully as time progresses "whites" will mature out of that infantilism. Individually many of them do very well, but as a group, sigh.

so of course they have to pat themselves on the back, who else will????

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    And they do incredibly stupid shit as well, sometimes Darwining themselves. That "drive" has often driven companies, countries, relationships, etc. off of cliffs. Women, OTOH, tend to take a more measured approach, looking out for the good of many, as opposed to personal glory. They may not take the big risks required for a fast return, but that also keeps them from losing their asses when the shit hits the fan. Women-Run Hedge Funds Fare Crisis Far Better - Building Gender Balanced Business So no, men and women aren't exactly the same (which I never said) but are indeed capable of many of the same things, albeit with a different approach.
    Yes, exactly, thank you! This is a point I should have made before. No one has claimed there are no innate gender differences (although many individuals obviously vary widely from their norms, including crossing well into the normal ranges of the other sex in various attributes). The problem is when you start looking at them as though they confer advantages across the board and make one sex superior to another in a whole broad realm of human activity. That's not how it works. The differences are complementary, and not in the old-fashioned "women are built to stay at home while men are built to bring home the bacon" kind of way. Different strategies entail different risks--aggression and risk-taking is not just "better for business" with no qualifiers. But you should expect a business world that was built almost entirely by men in a time when women were excluded to reflect a greater degree of alignment with stereotypically "male" pursuits of high-risk, high-reward strategies, the focus on status and "winning", etc. This kind of environment is only hospitable to the relatively small number of women who are able and willing to act more typically male in the work environment. As time goes by and more women are represented at all levels of business (I don't know if it will ever reach 50% or not, because there may well be some innate tendency for fewer women to be attracted to that life--time and more research will tell), presumably some businesses will pursue a more "feminized" business strategy, and that's probably a good thing. Diversity enables the whole population to better weather change. But that doesn't mean women are "bad at business" or non-ambitious or not innovative; it means they employ their abilities, on average, with a different set of goals in mind and a different sense of risk and reward.

Wilton, do you honestly think that the endless pursuit of status (which in our society typically also means material wealth) makes any kind of sense? Look at all the waste and environmental degradation and corruption that comes with it.
    Last edited by Uncephalized; 11-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Quite true, but shouldn't he prove his masculinity first or something?
    I'm not entirely convinced... those who shout the loudest and all you know.
    Pics or it didnt happen???

Cori...... :-)

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast