If you want to detach, do it. It's not that hard to do.[/QUOTE

True, but it can be complex.
    as complex as you want it to be
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I usually don't do things in a complex way - once a decision is made, it's made. The fallout will be complex.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    I usually don't do things in a complex way - once a decision is made, it's made. The fallout will be complex.
    So what is your decision?

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Already made the decision - I have to do a lot of mental legwork thinking through all of the ramifications and how I'll deal with those. Once that's done, everything else falls into place. But I have to do that process 1st so I'm not second-guessing things.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Already made the decision - I have to do a lot of mental legwork thinking through all of the ramifications and how I'll deal with those. Once that's done, everything else falls into place. But I have to do that process 1st so I'm not second-guessing things.
    No details to share?

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    It's not so much the feminization of men as the infantalization of the entire culture. If everyone expects to be taken care of, who is to do the caring?

I'm most likely going to live to see a society where most people are obese with only a few outliers that can bend over to tie their shoes with a world of consequences I shudder to think about.
    This is one half the problem. The other half is that environmental factors have decreased testosterone to the point that modern males have ~ half the testosterone of their grandfathers.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I just read an excellent article about this by Eric Peters:

Fuuuuhhhhhhhtttball: The Modern Two Minutes’ Hate | Eric Peters Autos

The article is about how American males have been mentally casterated by, not females but by the whole system in the USA of don't resist, obey everything.

The contrast between males in the USA and in other countries that I have worked in is obvious. Here in Egypt, boys get in fights in school, life goes on. In the USA both sides are punished, often with criminal charges.

I also wrote about this on my blog: Where have all the warriors gone? : Hardcore Mind

I'm afraid the trend is set, I don't seem men getting their balls back anytime soon. And it ain't the women's fault either.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm a big fan of "manly men" in all of their various forms, but I can still see Zanna's point.

It's a little disheartening to read posts saying (in a nutshell) that the worst thing that could happen to the human race would be for it to become more like the women members. If you would say the same thing about it turning too masculine, I might understand a little better. I think we all have our roles, and a glut of either testosterone or estrogen makes for an imbalance.
    Thanks, RitaRose. That's what I meant but didn't articulate well. The men I am talking about have nothing in common with women or femininity - they are men, but men who lack the drive to take care of themselves physically or to be self-sufficient. I swear, self-sufficiency and caring about how you treat your body are the sexiest things to me these days. The self-sufficient types tend to have the manly thing I like going on.
    The difference is that men run the economy. They have since the dawn of civilization, and they created civilization itself! We're more logical and physically stronger on average. Even in an age where more women get degrees than men, men still dominate the actually productive fields, the STEM fields.

A feminized society becomes a bunch of people satisfied with doing just enough to get by. A bunch of people that will submit to bad people with a great deal of power (ie terrorists, pillaging thieves, totalitarian rulers). A bunch of people that also become a 'bonobo masturbation society' because, once women no longer need a man to provide for them, they look for men that give good sex and occasional conversation. Women seek hypergamy as they never finds a satisfying masculine partner.

A masculinized society becomes a bunch of people with great drive to succeed. Innovation. They don't take crap from anybody. The men may often seek women because of her sexual attraction, but couples stay together.

Can we draw any more parallels here? Masculinized=America of yore, Feminized=America of today?

Without manly men, we would be in straw huts right now. Without computers. Without running water. Without even a food surplus stored. We would be hunting and foraging for food and having sex whenever enough food was found that the people felt fertile and frisky enough.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-10-2012 at 11:33 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    For all of you who are saying "Oh, it's not feminization"..... Yes, it IS feminization. I haven't decided if this issue is the panacea or cure-all for society, but I am right.

Maybe the way I would put it is this: the process (cultural Marxism) that created this feminization IS the unpanacea or singular virus that is killing our society.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 11-10-2012 at 11:41 PM.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    wilton, you are hilarious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast