Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 34

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Guod View Post
    I am quite suprised to hear that "whites" have a better culture than "black" people. I thought it was just different.

Wow I guess those 60ies attitudes really do linger with some people.
    To be fair BCB said better cultural position not better culture. It is bullshit that I need to feel better about it though. I was born into my skin color the same as anyone else and I have no more control over it or my cultural position than anyone else. I should not feel bad or need to feel guilty about it anymore than someone else would need to feel inferior over theirs. Life is where you finish not where you begin.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    Where the white women at?
    Not my house unfortunately.

Bart, they said you was hung!
    They was right.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Yeah, I watched it probably two dozen times as a kid.
    Get the DVD and watch it with the captioning on. For some reason, I couldn't get the to turn off one time, and it was even funnier. You can actually see what the old miner ("dag nabbit, sasser frasser...") is saying, and it's more than you think. Plus, there's just a lot of dialogue you miss.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Guod is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Life is where you finish not where you begin.
    +1
    And the meek shall inherit the earth.
    What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    To be fair BCB said better cultural position not better culture. It is bullshit that I need to feel better about it though. I was born into my skin color the same as anyone else and I have no more control over it or my cultural position than anyone else. I should not feel bad or need to feel guilty about it anymore than someone else would need to feel inferior over theirs. Life is where you finish not where you begin.
    Not saying that you have to feel guilty about it, but acknowledge the fact that being born white in the US has distinct advantages over being born into a historically oppressed group that is still feeling the affects of systematically imposed racism which intentionally held black people back. Finishing ahead of those who start a few miles behind isn't the greatest accomplishment.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Get the DVD and watch it with the captioning on. For some reason, I couldn't get the to turn off one time, and it was even funnier. You can actually see what the old miner ("dag nabbit, sasser frasser...") is saying, and it's more than you think. Plus, there's just a lot of dialogue you miss.
    hehe I've always wondered what he says in this scene...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Not saying that you have to feel guilty about it, but acknowledge the fact that being born white in the US has distinct advantages over being born into a historically oppressed group that is still feeling the affects of systematically imposed racism which intentionally held black people back. Finishing ahead of those who start a few miles behind isn't the greatest accomplishment.
    Sure, but I am a dirty immigrant. Does that still count? :P

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I lol'd
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I think what the topic is really a part of is this: American culture has fragmented due to people feeling the need to use traits from other cultures than their own (from across the world and immigrants). Instead of a culture of "One Right Way", I think our culture has become more careful with minority voices (of different cultures, not different skin colors). Call it open minded, weak minded, wise, or whatever you want. I think people have weaker and multiple voices from American culture telling them how to be. Much of it contradicts. I think 50 years ago, the voice of American culture was more unified.

I think that it's ultimately great for us to be going through such a change. There is no "one right way" for everyone. And as you increase the scope of land and population that you talk about, it becomes more and more important to have diversity in opinion and lifestyle.
    Anybody want to reply to this?

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I should not feel bad or need to feel guilty about it anymore than someone else would need to feel inferior over theirs. Life is where you finish not where you begin.
    Outside of colleges and universities and really snooty circles of white liberals who live in places like BoulderCO and Burlington VT (that are 98% white and they probably have some random guilt, but mainly they enjoy smug), no one is asking you to apologize for being a white man or to feel guilty. We still do a great job of admiring white men and electing them to be our leaders. We still think their acheivements are pretty cool, we just also now enjoy hearing about what women and other people did. I guess we have some affirmative action programs for contracting, but a smart white guy can find himself a good woman or other minority to partner with to harvest those fruits...

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast