Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 3

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I have noticed that men are speaking a lot more like women, with drawn-out vowel sounds and rising intonations at the ends of statements.
    brilliant.

every man would be wise to reflect on this.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    That's likely because speech trends like accents start with young women (think Valley Girls). I remember reading or watching something on this- they traced different regional accents and young women were largely the instigators of accent trends, including the typical Brooklyn accent.
    no, you're missing it.

you have to ask what kind of attitude originates the rising intonation. then think about this atitude.

this is one side of the coin i threw on the table earlier in this thread, which is that whether a male is a man is determined by how he sees the world.

dado Guest
    a man never sees a 'problem' in the negative sense, only a circumstance requiring some resolution, and he seamlessly moves between recognizing the 'problem' to resolving it. any hesitiation between these two states takes the male away from the Man.

dado Guest
    a man understands that it is more important to make a decision than it is to make the 'right' one.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think men are confused.... you hear that women want sensitive men, but I dunno, I want a leader and more aggressive man who kind of tells me what to do. Yet I see so many couples where the men are basically pussy whipped wimps whose wives walk all over them. That's not sexy.... And yeah, a lot of men look very soft and feminine these days- not clothes- but appearances. I do wonder about hormones when I see some guys.

The other thing I think now- reproductively speaking is that women want passive men who will stick around and make money, so are choosing them as mates vs. the hot guy who is probably a jerk, but damn. Like the hottest guys I know- the full on masculine alpha males - I would not want a child with them- not because they are mean, but because they are unreliable. Meanwhile, a lot of my friends spouses who are unattractive, very feminine are reliable with great jobs and the patience of Job.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    a man understands that it is more important to make a decision than it is to make the 'right' one.
    Yup...

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I think men are confused.... you hear that women want sensitive men, but I dunno, I want a leader and more aggressive man who kind of tells me what to do. Yet I see so many couples where the men are basically pussy whipped wimps whose wives walk all over them. That's not sexy.... And yeah, a lot of men look very soft and feminine these days- not clothes- but appearances. I do wonder about hormones when I see some guys.

The other thing I think now- reproductively speaking is that women want passive men who will stick around and make money, so are choosing them as mates vs. the hot guy who is probably a jerk, but damn. Like the hottest guys I know- the full on masculine alpha males - I would not want a child with them- not because they are mean, but because they are unreliable. Meanwhile, a lot of my friends spouses who are unattractive, very feminine are reliable with great jobs and the patience of Job.
    I guess using the pants thing kinda set people in the other direction... But you're right, I think that most women want what you want, even if they won't say it outright.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefGrok View Post
    I guess using the pants thing kinda set people in the other direction... But you're right, I think that most women want what you want, even if they won't say it outright.
    a man does not 'guess' nor 'think'; he knows and tells.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    I'm being serious, is there anyone other than yourself that you consider to be a man. Is this something that can be assessed by someone else? Or is it strictly something that is self-realized?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    For me, a real man doesn't speak when he doesn't know.

Because no one knows everything, and a good leader understands that.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast