Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 20

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    YOU stacked the deck against YOURRSELF by getting married young. then you learned to know your partner. fortunately for you it seems to be working out. but judging from your comments, it seems like you went throuugh some tough times. i'm not trying to get in to that conversation with you or anyone else. just a little social commentary on people getting married before they should. that's all
    You've got it backwards. Women have much better options when they are young and in their prime. That's the best time for them to marry.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laconophile View Post
    You've got it backwards. Women have much better options when they are young and in their prime. That's the best time for them to marry.
    Ain't that the truth, brother

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. Ultra thin models may be presented as sexy but they aren't perceived that way. Very few men find that all that attractive. Most men want women with a bit of meat on their bones. Ultra thinness is actually more about un-sexiness. Sex is about desire and hunger. Being able to maintain that shape requires discipline and sacrifice, something that puritans and ascetics favor, and usually comes with the loss of fecundity. Women's sexuality has scared the bejeezus out of the powers that be forever and so presenting the ultra thin woman as sexy is actually saying is that you aren't allowed to desire sex but can allow your desirability to be controlled by others.
    Highly doubt that
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

kenn is offline Senior Member
    So whats up with all the late 20s and early 30s women banging young boys lately? Why aren't they demonized for being being pedophiles?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Clabbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
    Super interesting, as the bitchy woman I mentioned takes antidepressants, too. So weird.

If I were only having sex with my husband once or twice a year, I would fully expect him to have an affair. Hell, I'm surprised these women don't actually encourage their husbands to have affairs.
    A relationship that gets to this point has deeper problems than sex, but I cringe when I hear women excusing infidelity on the pretense than men just can't do without sex. That only feeds into the myth that men are simple-minded, incompetent creatures driven solely by their urges with no self-control. Do men want to do without sex? Not many, I'd reckon, but can they? Sure they can. A woman withholding sex is a couple in the midst of a power struggle and poor intimacy, but is she asking for an affair? Hardly.
    Last edited by Clabbergirl; 01-26-2012 at 08:48 AM.

dado Guest
    so you get the hookers on the side, what's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yeah- the funny thing is that a lot of very fat women don't care, while the one's saying "Oh, I'm so fat" are women that no man would think are fat, except for a fashion designer.

I mean, here is what the media considers to be a fat woman:

Well thank goodness she's a singer, using her vocal chords to earn her living, and not something like, oh, I dunno, her physique. (/sarcasm)

I think we're missing the point. So what if she's fat or overweight or whateveryouwanttocallit? She makes her living from her voice, mostly. Does she have to be beautiful AND thin too? Being talented, gifted, really good at what you do isn't enough? So she isn't attractive to some men. Big deal. There are plenty of men who would tap that, as I'm sure she's aware. She's successful at what she does - sing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    The first mistake a person can make is to trust their spouse/significant other completely. You can't even trust yourself completely. Put in the right situation ANYONE would cheat. The smart thing to do is keep yourself out of risky situations.
    I don't agree with never trusting your mate completely - I think it's necessary for true intimacy. BUT, I do agree that none of us can expect to know what another person will or won't do in any given situation. We just don't know a person as well as they know themselves, and cannot account for every variable. Does everyone do it? No. Is everyone tempted? No. Is everyone capable? Yes.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    I don't agree with never trusting your mate completely - I think it's necessary for true intimacy. BUT, I do agree that none of us can expect to know what another person will or won't do in any given situation. We just don't know a person as well as they know themselves, and cannot account for every variable. Does everyone do it? No. Is everyone tempted? No. Is everyone capable? Yes.
    this reminds me of a song from many years ago:

if you see past the ugly presentation you will see it addresses many of the topics brought in this thread

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    A relationship that gets to this point has deeper problems than sex, but I cringe when I hear women excusing infidelity on the pretense than men just can't do without sex. That only feeds into the myth that men are simple-minded, incompetent creatures driven solely by their urges with no self-control. Do men want to do without sex? Not many, I'd reckon, but can they? Sure they can. A woman withholding sex is a couple in the midst of a power struggle and poor intimacy, but is she asking for an affair? Hardly.
    Yes, she is. One way of showing a husband your appreciation is to fulfill his sexual needs. If you consistently, day in and day out, refuse to acknowledge this need and desire of your husband's, then you are negating your marriage contract. What would we think of a man who refused to go to work because he "didn't feel like it"? What would we think of a man who emotionally withheld love and affection from his wife? What would we think of a man who told his wife that "her feelings didn't matter" and "he didn't care what she wanted from their marriage"? We'd call that guy an ass and wouldn't be surprised when his wife found herself a better man.

The same goes for women. It's expressed differently, but it's the same principle.

Sex just once or twice a year is emotional cruel treatment, whether it's the man withholding it or the woman, assuming both partners are healthy.
    Last edited by banananutmuffin; 01-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast