Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 12

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    True enough, half the time someone says, "He's a nice christian boy.", they really mean "He's just like a girl, compliant and shy." It's like nobody reads the old testament anymore, where everybody kills everybody all time and the priests eat animals all day.
    A girl =/= "compliant and shy". My god, what a disgusting way to put it. I am a woman I assure you, I am neither compliant nor shy.

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    What's sad is that the men in some of these cases seem really inconsequential to the women. I was shocked to be among a group of them (all have lake houses, 2-3 kids, plenty of money for shopping/wine/pedicures) to find out that sex was a one or two time a year thing for them. I imagine that the men have women on the side. It all works great until the men get fed up, but most don't. They just travel. a lot. for work.

The thing is that I know what's in it for the women, not so sure what is in it for the men.
    OMG! I would DIE!

I actually know a mooby 6-figure guy with a hot bitchy wife. He DID have an affair. The only reason he stayed with his wife was his kids and because she would have bankrupted him in the divorce.

What a crappy ass marriage that must be.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

And appearances can be deceiving. My hubby makes a good living. I'm a sahm. He likes me to dress a little tarty. Not prostitute tarty, but he likes it when I show off the goods (cleavage, lots of leg). I am certain that people who know us superficially or we meet at parties think that I am the typical gold-digger bitch. (Probably doesn't help that I am opinionated.) What they don't know is that he and I met when we were 16... way before he was earning any $$. lol

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    OMG! I would DIE!
    Yeah- I was all WTF? I get being too busy at times- but sex is fun. Not a chore at all when you are attracted to your spouse.

Sadly- they all take the anti depressents- in fact the holiday gossip was one lady caught her husband for the 5th time cheating. Honey, when you catch him 5 times, you just get divorced or call it an open marriage and be done with it. Oh the drama- they had to up her meds, the "suicide" attempt, the demonization of the husband. My recommendation to go find some hot guy and get laid as revenge was frowned upon. :-(

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    The State is inexorably, year by year, supplanting the role of provider making men superfluous. I think it reached a tipping point about 20 years ago. What you're really observing is the maturation of a cohort of men that was raised exclusively by women w/ no male presence. The result is entirely understandable.

It's all wild stereotyping but I'm itching to finally settle down and women my age, despite their best efforts, all seem to have if not outright troubled kids just kids that are unmotivated to do anything. And they're in their 20's. And spare me the economy, this was true even before depression 2.0. It's a deal-breaker only because it seems like the possibility of some tough love has long passed. That's not to mention the countless 50-somethings I work with now raising grandkids, because their kids can't even manage to pull it together to do that. I'd shoot myself.

I have friends 1st gen immigrants that would dearly love to marry me off and I'm beginning to seriously consider it. These communities don't seem to have this problem.
    I'm baffled why you won't do it. Who cares about the language barrier if there is one?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Sadly- they all take the anti depressents- in fact the holiday gossip was one lady caught her husband for the 5th time cheating. Honey, when you catch him 5 times, you just get divorced or call it an open marriage and be done with it. Oh the drama- they had to up her meds, the "suicide" attempt, the demonization of the husband. My recommendation to go find some hot guy and get laid as revenge was frowned upon. :-(
    Super interesting, as the bitchy woman I mentioned takes antidepressants, too. So weird.

If I were only having sex with my husband once or twice a year, I would fully expect him to have an affair. Hell, I'm surprised these women don't actually encourage their husbands to have affairs.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Yeah- I was all WTF? I get being too busy at times- but sex is fun. Not a chore at all when you are attracted to your spouse.

It sounds like you need to find some new friends. I know these types exist, I've seen them in action, but make it a point to avoid them as much as possible because they make me want to go home and scrub myself. I have to wonder about the men who would marry these women, though. Women don't just wake up one day and decide they want to be a high-maintenance shrew. There had to have been some red flags. It seems they probably wanted trophy wives.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    It sounds like you need to find some new friends.
    Haha, these ladies are not my besties- they are friends of a friend and come with the territory. I don't worry about what they think of me and they are entertaining in small doses. I actually do see my friend picking up their traits and can sense her husbands growing annoyance.

I actually see it a lot- guys get sucked in by really pretty women in their mid 20's. They were all very (visually) attractive at the time and still are today.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Edit: I almost forgot, The Art of Manliness is everything that's right about men and the internet. It's full of fun and old-school tips on how to be a better, stronger and more accomplished person (and man). It's funny, it's not derogatory to women and it's smart.
    And the cooking sections on that web site are very primal.

I know some very sexy attractive women, most of whom have a threshold of a 6 figure salary for the men they will date.
    That's really pathetic, that's like a man having a breast size threshold for women he will date. Maybe some guys are like that, but I wouldn't hang around people like that.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    That's really pathetic, that's like a man having a breast size threshold for women he will date. Maybe some guys are like that, but I wouldn't hang around people like that.
    I look for natural blonde/redheads who are taller than 5'10

Which happens to not be in short supply in my area...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast