Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Males page 10

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I know some very sexy attractive women, most of whom have a threshold of a 6 figure salary for the men they will date. So you see these gorgeous, fit, smart women with men with moobs and a nice car.
    I just don't get women who think this way. It's not the moobs part. My hubby is in good shape, but I'd still love him even if he had moobs and a pot belly. What I don't understand is setting a salary threshold for men. Damn, maybe I'm a romantic, but isn't love and compatibility and faithfulness and trust more important than a fancy car in the driveway? Money is not the path to happiness.

I find it weird that women even use income as a dating criteria. Steady job... yes. As that shows responsibility and a general not-a-slacker attitude. But income amount?? I'd rather have a guy that made me laugh than bought me diamonds.

ETA: Ok, after some more thought: I can MAYBE understand this for a woman who grew up financially insecure and has no earning power of her own. In that case, I can understand psychologically why she would place value on money. Although, in truth, I still think a man with a strong work ethic and a steady job is the better choice than the "soft" 6-figure earner, cause that guy is the stereotypical stockbroker who jumps off a building after the market crashes.
    Last edited by banananutmuffin; 01-25-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    This is not a positive trait anymore as it doesn't pay the bills. It's the weaker men that make money now for the most part, and those are the men desirable women select to mate with. I know some very sexy attractive women, most of whom have a threshold of a 6 figure salary for the men they will date. So you see these gorgeous, fit, smart women with men with moobs and a nice car. Literally the hottest guy I know is a 20 something, AMAZING body, just wow drop dead attractive. He digs ditches for a living. Dated some dumpy gal for a while, asked her to marry him and she said no, wanted to start a family. I see him and I'm like ... Wow.... wish I was single- I'd be all over that! Meanwhile, I have a stunning friend who's husband has larger breasts than I do. He's very passive, but a nice guy. I don't think in any universe, I could get into sleeping with the guy- but he makes 6 figures.

My guess as to what will happen- women who make money and don't need a man to support them will end up with the handsome/masculine guys, but are less likely to reproduce.

Oh, and I don't think corporate america favors the strong, decision maker independent man anymore- they want the team player chump.
    +1

So does this mean 6-figure earning hot guys are the top of the heap? Because plenty of those guys exist, too. And if that's the case, maybe some women choose the mooby 6-figure guy simply because there would be less competition for him.

I know that I worry the women my hubby works with will get more aggressive toward him as he gets hotter.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    I was going to reply but I don't need to. This post says everything I wanted to.
    I clarified this earlier in the thread, please read the whole thing.

And again to be clear, I don't have an agenda here. For instance, my all-time favorite musician is Jimi Hendrix. This was a man, and he wore frilly shirts and feather boas and I couldn't care less.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
    I know that I worry the women my hubby works with will get more aggressive toward him as he gets hotter.
    Why? Don't you trust your husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Why? Don't you trust your husband?
    LOL. Yes, I trust him implicitly. But that doesn't mean I want a bunch of hotties throwing themselves at him all the time.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I find it weird that women even use income as a dating criteria. Steady job... yes. As that shows responsibility and a general not-a-slacker attitude. But income amount?? I'd rather have a guy that made me laugh than bought me diamonds.
    Their goal in general is to be a SAHM and maintain a very high quality of life- most are 30 plus, and already have well paying careers. They want to exit those careers and focus on family, but want to maintain the lifestyle- spa trips, nice car, dining out. After the wedding, they buy a pricy house, attend yoga, have nannies, take impeccable care of themselves and this requires a man with a large income. A nice guy who fixes cars and makes $50,000 a year is not going to keep them clothed in Lulu Lemon and eating from Whole Foods.

Personally- I went with the sexy guy.... he happens to have a decent job, and I work and support myself. But he'll never make enough that I can be "kept" (which is fine- I don't mind).

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and re: the unattractive men with moobs and 6 figures... they seem to end up with pretty bitches- I think those women know they can walk all over them and not worry about a thing. A lot of attractive men have really sweet wives.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Ouch!

I just died a little inside of me.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the lack of a father in the home can be a real detriment to boys who need a role model. If they don't have a competent, caring, strong man to look up to, they will use their mother as their primary inspiration, and won't learn HOW to be masculine. Women who have children out of wedlock are doing their sons a tremendous disservice, IMO.

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast