Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried "Nooodles" - wheat/carb/calorie/gluten free noodles?! page

StarryEyedSarahJ is offline Junior Member

Question Anyone tried "Nooodles" - wheat/carb/calorie/gluten free noodles?!

Shop Now
    Just stumbled across an ad for these "noodles" and was wondering if anyone has tried them? The only ingredients are: filtered water, yam flour and calcium hydroxide. There's gotta be a catch, right?! I know steering clear of primal substitutes is recommended but my fiance isn't totally on the wagon yet so this may be a good transition food for him.

Here's the website: NoOodle Shirataki Noodles | Carb Free Shirataki Noodle | Calorie Free Shirataki Noodle | The Miracle Diet Noodle | Ultimate Weight Loss Noodle | Try Calorie-Free, Carb-Free Shirataki NoOodles for Fast and Healthy Weightloss

So... thoughts? experiences?
    Wag more, bark less.

Grizz is offline Banned
    We use Noodles made from Kelp Seaweed. Really nutritious & provides essential iodine for our bodies. Also ideal for salads.
    Search - kelp noodles - iHerb.com

Grizz

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sure, I buy shiritaki noodles in the local Asian super-market all the time. There are gazzillion varieties, and they are pretty cheap. Really good in Asian soups and stir-fries. It's an old Japanese staple.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I really like the noodles you posted.

You can get them at regular grocery stores AND, you can get a variety of shapes of them at
    asian grocery stores.

The consistency is that of a cooked mushroom, so if you don't like slimey and rubbery, don't get them.

If you do like it, then be sure you rinse them really well (they have a slight fishy odor) and then boil them to heat
    them up.

I use them all the time. Nice filler and nice "sauce getter" too.

Julie

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Tried them once~ was not impressed~ the texture sort of put me off.

Fury is offline Senior Member
    I've tried Shirataki Noodles before, just not that brand. They're made from Konjac, and are pretty much just fiber. Oh, some brands are a blend of Konjac and tofu, I'd avoid those IMO. Our local asian & japanese groceries stock a few kinds, no real catch other than price (serving size was rather small IIRC)

I enjoyed them, they certainly make a good vehicle for delicious pasta sauces although the texture is a tad different.
    They have a bit more chew to them than regular pastas, while at the same time being quite slippery/soft? It's hard to describe

StarryEyedSarahJ is offline Junior Member
    Good to know, thanks for the replies everyone!
    Wag more, bark less.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I use shiratake noodles a lot and they're best when you boil them in salted water for a few minutes to soften them and give them a little flavor.
    Some brands have an odd "springy" texture, but some have a nice noodle texture (Shirakiku brand is my fave- I get it at the Asian grocery.)
    I also like this kind: Miracle Noodle, Shirataki Pasta, Fettuccini, 7 oz (198 g) - iHerb.com

I tried some Konjac root noodles last week and they made me sick. Maybe I didn't chew them enough or something.
    I was never much of a fan of noodles/rice/pasta/beans anyway so cutting them out wasn't an issue for me at all.

For anyone that lives in Australia they sell them at woolworths now.

http://www.changs.com/products/view-...4ef5b23e531c4b

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Urgh, they make me sick too. It's like wriggling fish in my stomach whenever I've eaten them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast