Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried "Nooodles" - wheat/carb/calorie/gluten free noodles?!

Question Anyone tried "Nooodles" - wheat/carb/calorie/gluten free noodles?!

Shop Now
    Just stumbled across an ad for these "noodles" and was wondering if anyone has tried them? The only ingredients are: filtered water, yam flour and calcium hydroxide. There's gotta be a catch, right?! I know steering clear of primal substitutes is recommended but my fiance isn't totally on the wagon yet so this may be a good transition food for him.

Here's the website: NoOodle Shirataki Noodles | Carb Free Shirataki Noodle | Calorie Free Shirataki Noodle | The Miracle Diet Noodle | Ultimate Weight Loss Noodle | Try Calorie-Free, Carb-Free Shirataki NoOodles for Fast and Healthy Weightloss

So... thoughts? experiences?
    Wag more, bark less.

We use Noodles made from Kelp Seaweed. Really nutritious & provides essential iodine for our bodies. Also ideal for salads.
    Search - kelp noodles - iHerb.com

Grizz

Sure, I buy shiritaki noodles in the local Asian super-market all the time. There are gazzillion varieties, and they are pretty cheap. Really good in Asian soups and stir-fries. It's an old Japanese staple.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I really like the noodles you posted.

You can get them at regular grocery stores AND, you can get a variety of shapes of them at
    asian grocery stores.

The consistency is that of a cooked mushroom, so if you don't like slimey and rubbery, don't get them.

If you do like it, then be sure you rinse them really well (they have a slight fishy odor) and then boil them to heat
    them up.

I use them all the time. Nice filler and nice "sauce getter" too.

Julie

Tried them once~ was not impressed~ the texture sort of put me off.

I've tried Shirataki Noodles before, just not that brand. They're made from Konjac, and are pretty much just fiber. Oh, some brands are a blend of Konjac and tofu, I'd avoid those IMO. Our local asian & japanese groceries stock a few kinds, no real catch other than price (serving size was rather small IIRC)

I enjoyed them, they certainly make a good vehicle for delicious pasta sauces although the texture is a tad different.
    They have a bit more chew to them than regular pastas, while at the same time being quite slippery/soft? It's hard to describe

Good to know, thanks for the replies everyone!
    Wag more, bark less.

I use shiratake noodles a lot and they're best when you boil them in salted water for a few minutes to soften them and give them a little flavor.
    Some brands have an odd "springy" texture, but some have a nice noodle texture (Shirakiku brand is my fave- I get it at the Asian grocery.)
    I also like this kind: Miracle Noodle, Shirataki Pasta, Fettuccini, 7 oz (198 g) - iHerb.com

I tried some Konjac root noodles last week and they made me sick. Maybe I didn't chew them enough or something.
    I was never much of a fan of noodles/rice/pasta/beans anyway so cutting them out wasn't an issue for me at all.

For anyone that lives in Australia they sell them at woolworths now.

http://www.changs.com/products/view-...4ef5b23e531c4b

Shop Now
    Urgh, they make me sick too. It's like wriggling fish in my stomach whenever I've eaten them.