Thread: What to eat, if you can't eat foods high in Oxalic Acid? page

dbauchle is offline Member

What to eat, if you can't eat foods high in Oxalic Acid?

Primal Fuel
    Once again struggling with food choices. I had Kidney Stones back in Novemeber and finally got the 24 Urine test results back and I have dangerously high levels of Oxalic Acid being produced in my body. I am not required to not eat foods high in Oxalic Acid. Anyone out there have this problem? Or any advice for how to eat Primally when you can't eat these kinds of foods?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbauchle View Post
    Once again struggling with food choices. I had Kidney Stones back in Novemeber and finally got the 24 Urine test results back and I have dangerously high levels of Oxalic Acid being produced in my body. I am not required to not eat foods high in Oxalic Acid. Anyone out there have this problem? Or any advice for how to eat Primally when you can't eat these kinds of foods?
    Step 1: Google search "oxalic acid foods"

Step 2: Choose veggies and fruits that are not on that list. Legumes are prohibited on primal anyhow, so you avoid that particular group.

Step 3: Eat meat, eggs, any plants not on that list, and possibly high fat dairy if you tolerate it.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Korga is offline Member
    Bummer. I also had kidney stones but the cause was high Uric Acid. I'm currently on a low-Purine diet which excludes most meats. I still eat a whole-foods organic diet but had to give up on Primal.

dbauchle is offline Member
    I can only eat eggs a few times a week or else I get major congestion, so I started switching of with a raspberry,blueberry,strawberry with walnuts, cinnamon and almond milk cereal thing but..... now I find out Almonds and berries are high in Oxalic Acid

For snacks I was eating almonds and cashews, which are now high in Oxalic Acid

For starches and side dishes I ate sweet potatoes and summer squash quite often, those are high in Oxalic Acid

Leafy greens are also so I'm not sure if I can eat salad for lunch either

Worst of all I can't eat CHOCOLATE!!!! ahhh

I guess Im just struggling with something to eat for breakfast, snacks and sides because I don't want to eat just all meat.

I feel like everything I ate before is high in Oxalic Acid, could that be how I got these kidney issues, from being primal !?!?!