Thread: Butter Oil? page

Joss is offline Junior Member

Butter Oil?

Primal Fuel
    Got a question for some of the veterans here. I have currently made my own butter from fresh cream. I took it a step farther and made butter oil. Only problem is, I get very little oil for the amount of butter I use. I am trying to ultimately get enough butter oil to take with my cod's liver oil. Can I just eat butter with it instead? Or does the final butter oil have something that allows me to take in the A+D vitamins much easier than regular butter would. Any help is appreciated

waynebw is offline Member
    Butter has everything that butter oil has, but also includes the non-fat solids.

I was on the WAP protocol, which recommends Butter oil + CLO, and it's fine to just take a high quality butter with CLO. The Butter oil is so expensive too! If you already have raw butter, that's the best, next best is grassfed. Even pasturized still gives you the precious K2 mk4, if you go for the more yellow-coloured butters.

I personally use Melrose CLO (100% natural A&D) with a New Zealand grassfed butter - nice and yellow! And it has helped sort out my teeth

My point is, unless you have dairy issues, use the whole butter

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Could you just use ghee?

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Could you just use ghee?
    True, ghee = butter oil
    I think since Joss already makes their own butter, might be best just take that whole

Joss is offline Junior Member
    Yea I have a source for grassfed dairy products locally. I'll enjoy eating the butter much more than having to refine it. On to stronger teeth/bones!! Thanks for the help everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post
    Yea I have a source for grassfed dairy products locally. I'll enjoy eating the butter much more than having to refine it. On to stronger teeth/bones!! Thanks for the help everyone!
    Awesome :-) Just a little note that "Activator X" is actually Vitamin K2 mk4. If you want anymore info, feel free to message me, as I have actually been down the tooth-healing path successfully.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    How stable is the K2? I make ghee from grass fed butter - I cook it until the solids are dark brown to give the ghee are carmelized butter taste. Am I still getting the K2?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    How stable is the K2? I make ghee from grass fed butter - I cook it until the solids are dark brown to give the ghee are carmelized butter taste. Am I still getting the K2?
    I read in the "Cure Tooth Decay" book that pasturized butter still has it - This has been tested too.
    I would not know what temperature is ok while cooking, but personally I always heat fats as minimally as possible, or eat unheated. Perhaps look up pasturization temperatures for a 'safe' maximum?

Hope this helps!

Deckah is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waynebw View Post
    Butter has everything that butter oil has, but also includes the non-fat solids.

If you already have raw butter, that's the best, next best is grassfed. Even pasturized still gives you the precious K2 mk4, if you go for the more yellow-coloured butters.
    Do you know of any nutritional data that specifies what nutrients are within raw butter? I was looking @ self.com and it lists as having barely 1mcg per Tbsp(14g).