Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this and struggling with the fat concept! page

bchanel is offline Member

New to this and struggling with the fat concept!

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone! I am new to this way of eating, but am convinced it is the right thing for me. As an experiment, last week, I ate primal. I ate lots of veggies, meat and fats. Eggs scrambled in coconut oil? Nest thing ever! Anyways, I felt absolutely fantastic last week and dropped a couple of pounds. I never felt tired or deprived, even though my carbs were less than 50 grams a day. This week, I decided to follow Tosca Reno's plan from her Eat Clean Diet. Right away,I had terrible headaches, I couldn't think straight and I felt as though I was going to pass out, even though my carbs increased to over 100 grams. I couldn't figure it out, until I realized I wasn't eating any fat. I decided to ditch it early and go back to primal. Any tips on getting over the fat stigma? Even though I know I feel better when I eat it, I'm worried it may prevent me from having that slim, toned physique I want. Thanks! I look forward to going through the forums and gaining experience from the senior members!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i had trouble adjusting at first, only my issue was 'this is going to clog all of my arteries!'

the easiest way to see how you'll be affected is by going to the Before and After pictures thread, so many men and women not only lost weight but put in a little extra work and got cut. it's amazing to look at

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread6138.html
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Thanks! I will go check it out

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Check my photos in my sig.... 46 pounds of fat lost. 60% of my daily calories are from fat, namely coconut oil, macadamias and ghee.

You look amazing! Your pics prove to me I shouldn't be afraid of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by bchanel View Post
    You look amazing! Your pics prove to me I shouldn't be afraid of fat.
    Exactly. And let me tell you, I was once like you (scared of fat). Where did it get me? For starters, I was never able to keep weight off, never able to stay full, and never able to get lower than 148 pounds.

I don't go nuts of bacon, cream or butter (had to quit dairy due to bloating... I'm intolerant) but happily eat beef mince, fatty fish, ghee, mac, mac oil, EVOO and plenty of coconut oil. What made me fat in the past was sugar, refined cards and bread.

PS! The photos are only my first goal... once I reach final goal (which means a ton more muscle than now) I'll actually OWN that bikini. LOL

AmieSue is offline Senior Member
    Glamorama, I don't see a link to your photos....how do I see them?
    Amie Sue...

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind the fat is bad idea is a government and Ancel Keys invention based on cherry picked data and poor data analysis. Enjoy eating real food as you were meant to.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 02-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by AmieSue View Post
    Glamorama, I don't see a link to your photos....how do I see them?
    Sorry I deleted the links since then... I'm in the Photo-thread... page 329 is the first pic, then 342 I think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast