Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whey protein powder page

Dragonfly32 is offline Member

whey protein powder

Primal Fuel
    i just spotted some whey protein powder in the health shop today, can i use this in smoothies? it says made from cheese, has no other fillers etc.
    thank you

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Should be okay.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

thanks hard to find a protein shake mix with good ingredients over here (NZ)

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Some of the best protein powders are made in NZ and AU. You don't want a "shake mix", you just want some good, clean, grass-fed whey protein without a pile of added artificial flavours or fillers. Add your own flavouring with organic cocoa or berries. Protein smoothies are great when made with coconut milk/cream.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Some of the best protein powders are made in NZ and AU. You don't want a "shake mix", you just want some good, clean, grass-fed whey protein without a pile of added artificial flavours or fillers. Add your own flavouring with organic cocoa or berries. Protein smoothies are great when made with coconut milk/cream.
    good to know, thank you, can't think of the name of the company just now but they are well known

ok after finding out it was whey powder with horrendous carb level, do any of you kiwis know a good brand to use? thank you

lazatiger is offline Member
    I have this. It's the best I could find

thank you, have to check out shipping to NZ

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    There should NOT be a horrendous carb level in a decent whey protein powder!

I've heard this NZ one is okay: NZ Whey Protein Supplements, Sports Supplements, Bodybuilding Supplements, Fat Burners, Sports Nutrition - Pure New Zealand Whey. Red 8 is apparently also an ok brand. (Have not tried either myself.)

This is the AU one I use: Want To Catapult Muscle Gains? Lowest Price Quality Protein!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly32 View Post
    ok after finding out it was whey powder with horrendous carb level, do any of you kiwis know a good brand to use? thank you
    Hi, another kiwi (well adopted) here,

I've just bought some from here Buy New Zealand Made Protein Powder Online
    The more you buy the cheaper / kg it is.

I have only used it in smoothies so far and haven't tried just with water or milk (as that's not how I would use it anyway) so can't comment on its straight flavour. But seems to be pretty tastless, at least no nasty aftertaste etc. And mixes well.

nutra whey is another local brand I'll be trying, and the sell 10 kg bags which work out super cheap.
    NZ Bodybuilding • Index page

Both of them have the choice of whey isolate or concentrate and nutra do flavoured as well.

Both brands seem to be instantised, which I understand uses soy lecathin on the process, though apparently only trace amounts are present in the powder. It's hard to find a whey that isn't instantised or hydrolysed that is still really affordable.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast