Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCRATCHINGS of BOUDICA (My Accountability Journal) page

AshleyCR is offline Member

Cool SCRATCHINGS of BOUDICA (My Accountability Journal)

Some background:

GRAIN FREE for 4 Months
    DEPRESSION FREE for 4 Months

My name is Ashley, but in my imagination I am Boudica or Atalanta.

For a couple weeks I've been keeping track in a notebook of what I'm eating - so I'm taking the next step and posting it online from now on, for fellow Primal/Paleo people to see.

B:
    1/3 cup Walnuts
    Coffee with Coconut Milk

L:
    Big Ass Steak with Sauteed Bell Peppers and Onions
    Huge Spinach Salad with Olive Oil
    Clementine

S:
    Handful of Almonds
    Coffee with Heavy Cream
    Carrot + other Veg

D:
    Eggs + Bacon

Workout:
    6 x 15 pushups (just starting out with this)
    6 x 40 Bicep Curls with 10lb
    5 x 60 Situps
    10 x 10 Tricep Extensions with 10lb
    30 min bikeride
    2 hour walk

GOALS:

Visible Abs
    Participate in Barefoot Running
    No more depression
    No more acne
    Improve my flexibility

My Stats:

19 Y/O
    5'7
    152lbs

Grok on!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Boudica. Welcome. I'm glad primal is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Looked into taking Krav Maga classes today. The fighting looks intense! I think I'm aggressive enough to excel in it though.

B:
    Walnuts
    Strawberry + Banana Smoothie w/ Coconut Milk

L
    Romaine Salad with Assorted Veggies
    Steak (again, I need to go shopping)

D
    4 egg Omelette w/ Ham, Brie Cheese + Red Pepper
    Cappucino

Workout:
    30 min on bike
    RANDOM DANCINGGG
    30 pushups
    3 x 60 situps
    3 x 40 bicep curls
    5 x 10 tricep extensions

This may be way too much info, but for the first time ever I'm not bloated during my monthly!! I can do up my pants! Victory!

I feel awesome today, despite getting less than 5 hours of sleep and sitting through 3 tedious uni lectures.

B
    No time but I wasn't that hungry

L/D - whatever 3pm is!!
    3 shots of espresso
    Spinach Salad with Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Olives and Cucumber
    5 Strips of Bacon and 2 Eggs
    Bowl of homemade Chicken+Veggie Stew (It'll taste even better tomorrow)
    Clementine

S
    Almond/Coconut Milk Banana+Blueberry Smoothie w/ Flaxseeds

Workout (has yet to happen but perhaps if I write down what I intend to do, I'll feel compelled to hit the weights)

I envision
    3 x 10 pushups
    2 x 40 bicep curls
    3 x 40 situps
    A couple minutes of planking
    Random hopping around on my exercise mat
    45 min on the stationary bike

Lately I've been wondering if biking can be considered 'paleo'. I know the movements and the muscle groups used aren't natural, but I can see a very noticeable difference in my muscle definition when I've been biking consistently versus a week of laziness. I ordered vibrams last week and intend to start jogging outside as soon as the ground is dry. My feet are extraordinarily flat (and large), my family jokes that I'd have no problem water-skiing minus the skis. Hopefully the vibrams relieve some of the pain I experience when I run in shoes.
    Last edited by AshleyCR; 01-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.

I believe I'm coming down with a cold.

I've been eating healthy (as far as I know), but maybe the lack of sleep during the past week is getting to me.
    I didn't have time for breakfast so I've been munching on almonds and drinking a lot of water.
    I'll have some more chicken veggie stew when I get home, then flop onto my couch and watch the Golden Girls with my rabbit.

I feel fine today so either I wasn't sick or my immune system has super powers.

B
    3 slices of Bacon
    2 Eggs
    Coffee

L
    No time - I didn't get a break at the Museum

D
    Steak
    Fruit Smoothie: Coconut Milk, Pineapple, Banana, Strawberries and FlaxSeeds (My stomach didn't agree with this)
    Coffee with Coconut Milk
    Paleo Cookies
    + -> 1 cup almond flour
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1 cup pureed pumpkin
    cinnamon and nutmeg
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    400F for 20 minutes

The cookies turned out great, I wanted something sweet tonight while sticking to Paleo.

My vibrams came today. I ordered a size 42 Komodo Sport (Grey-Green). My toes are very pleased. I have to wait for the snow to melt before taking them outside for a jog, but for now I'll hop around the house in them, reveling in how peculiar they look

It was a long day today at the ROM. I don't get a break anymore, so its 4 hours straight of trying to engage visitors with the exhibits. My fellow museum buddies keep bringing in baked goods to tempt me, which is probably why I had to bake myself some Paleo cookies. I like the structure Paleo/Primal gives me. After struggling with eating issues the past couple of years, I like having a clear idea now of what is good and bad for me. I wish the rest of life was like that as well.

I'm not going to workout tonight - I want to make sure I'm feeling tip top, plus I'm too full to move much

My stomach is in agony!

I'm never touching almonds or almond flour again. A lot (1 1/2 cups) of Almond Flour is now bad for me.
    I don't think I can manage to eat anything else today. I couldn't sleep last night from the stomach pains. Thank God its Saturday.

On a side note: I can feel the muscles in my calves protesting at the Vibrams, so I know they're working. My only gripe: My pinky toes don't even reach their designated toe pocket, while my big toes touch the end of theirs. Hopefully they stretch in the next few days. Grok on everyone, I'll just be lying by the stream back here, but don't worry I'll catch up.

My stomach cleared up today around dinner time.

I had:
    Tilapia Filet fried in Butter
    Spinach Salad
    Coffee with Coconut Milk
    Cherry Greek Yogurt 8%
    2 Clementines

Workout
    30 Min Heavy Bag Boxing
    45 Min High Resistance Biking
    4 x 12 Pushups
    4 x 40 Situps
    5 x 12 Tricep Extensions
    4 x 40 Bicep Curls
    Jumping Jacks
    4 x 25 Shoulder Raises

It was especially fun today kicking my punching bag in my vibrams. I wore them out grocery shopping today to break them in. My non-Primal girlfriend is coming over for dinner tomorrow. I'm going to make chicken drumsticks and garlic mashed potatoes (I'll try to go easy on these myself).

I felt hungover today after eating my whole batch of almond based cookies last night. The cottonmouth was killer from being dehydrated. I got through the day with about 5 mugs of ginger tea (sliced ginger + boiling water), and a couple episodes of House.

I can't afford to buy myself grass fed beef or chicken. I'm wondering how much damage I'm doing by eating organic - yet grain fed meats. Anyhow, I bought a butternut squash today - I'll look up some recipes tomorrow. I can't believe how easy (and delicious!) Primal living is.

lanz is offline Junior Member
    Ashley
    Thanks for sharing your journey. I am impressed with your workouts! I was thinking that the key to affording grass fed meats was buying with a group and having a freezer. Maybe there are some groups in your area you can hook up with to buy some? Best of luck on your endeavors and be careful with that almond flour girl!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Lanz!
    I had a deep freezer until a year ago when something possessed my grandfather to hack it into pieces with a chainsaw (I'm serious).
    When I manage to get my own place, a freezer will definitely be a priority. Thanks for the advice There will be no more nuts for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast