Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not able to eat enough... I'm really confused! page

Tritter Guest

Warning: This could be a little tmi.

I recently realized that I was eating too much bulk and too little fat, so I switched to eating higher fat foods. But I still can't eat enough! I'm hungry, but at the same time, I'm so full I feel sick. It's seriously scary, I eat two brussels sprouts and half a handful of macadamia nuts and I'm full for about two hours, until I get hungry and I have to eat ANOTHER small, high-fat meal or I get hypoglycemic.

It's been pretty recent since I switched to a higher fat, lower-bulk diet, and it doesn't feel like all that excess bulk I ate has... Well, passed yet. Is there anything I can do to hurry it along? I'm miserable and scared.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I will let a more experienced board member handle this one but I did notice my hunger decrease considerably since dropping grains and lowering carbs in general. Maybe your body needs time to adjust.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

hippie_mama is offline Member

I'm on day 6, and just starting to feel "full" when i should; it takes some time for your body to get used less dense stuff instead of more fluffy stuff.

animalcule is offline Senior Member

I have a much-increased appetite on primal (4 months now). I am very sensitive to blood sugar fluctuations/insulin (excess carbs caused my life-long migraines and affect my energy and sleep patterns) and have always been underweight. I'm happy to have the inclination to eat more. It was hard to manage when I first started.

I find that I have to have a balance of macronutrients to regulate my appetite. I really try to load up on fats above all. If I have a feeling of hunger despite food in my stomach, I know I need more carbs or protein, and once I have a little of whatever I'm craving (sticking to primal foods of course) I'll feel satisfied for a good long time.

I wouldn't call cruciferous veg and nuts a 'high-fat' meal. My usual morning food is a pint of heavy cream and 3 eggs with 3 tbsp butter. Are you getting enough animal fat and protein?

barehard Guest

You drink a pint of heavy cream?

Mr B Guest

lol that's a lot of damn cream for one sitting.

verdilak is offline Member

Holy hell thats a lot of heavy cream. My intolerance to dairy is both jealous and mortified.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Tritter Guest

No, and I know I'm not, but I simply cannot force myself to eat more without feeling devastatingly ill. I'm not sick, I simply have a stomach that won't empty.

I was planning to eat more than brussels sprouts and nuts for breakfast, but I just couldn't choke them down. And an even worse problem: I'm dehydrated now, and I think it has something to do with it, but drinking gives me the same response as food!

Help?

You could cook everything in butter/EVOO/coconut oil. Thats what i try to do to get enough fats. I'll re-heat leftover meat with butter/EVOO/coconut oil poured on top.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Also, have you tried fasting? That really helped me with my hunger issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast