Thread: Score! page

kap
    kap is offline Member

Score!

Primal Fuel
    Saturday we stopped into the local Fresh Market (WF like chain, mostly east of the Mississippi). I was browsing the dairy case where they keep the greek yogurt and truffle butter and other goodies when I noticed that they had small tubs of ...... Duck Fat!!! Eight bucks, but it was there in all its greasy white glory. We got some and cooked our leftover chicken in it and finished off roasting a small amount of potatoes with a couple of tablespoons of it.

There is yet hope for humanity.

Kevin

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I know a better source of duck fat... cook a DUCK!
    Then you get to eat said duck, and the bonus of yummy, beautiful, extra fat!

Goose fat is really good too... you get that from cooking a GOOSE!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kap
    kap is offline Member
    Of course. But it's not always possible, so a source of the good stuff is really nice to have. I actually think goose fat is far tastier, but the last goose I could even find cost me $70.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my... O_O ... I'm sorry.
    I think living in FL where I can get big Muscovys for $10-15 almost anytime has spoiled me a bit. That is the live price of course... but I don't mind seeing the bird healthy and walking when I purchase it, and I don't mind and afternoon of plucking either.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.