Thread: Primal/Paleo best books and cookbooks? page

FitJen is offline Junior Member

Primal/Paleo best books and cookbooks?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I have been following Mark's newsletter for years. However I'm just now thinking of following his nutrition plan and changing my way of eating. I picked up three of his books, "The Primal Blueprint, Quick and Easy Meals, and the 21 day total body transformation." Do I need " The Primal Blueprint" book AND the" 21 Day Primal plan" book? They seem redundant and the 21 day book seems like an abbreviated version of the first book hitting all the highlights and important info. Do you agree? I want to save a buck or two if possible . Some have suggested "The Paleo Solution" and a couple others. I have read extensively on the web and understand the principals but mainly want a book to guide me on what to eat, how to best use my time at the gym, etc.

I would love some suggestions on cookbooks that have easy prep and recipes my kids may eat. T/hey are somewhat adventurous when it comes to trying new things but not as much and I and my husband who is a chef btw. Another concern in finding a good cookbook .

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Everyday Paleo, Paleo Comfort Foods, and The Food Lovers Cookbook. These are all good cookbooks and have some info. on Paleo as well. Everyday Paleo has a 30 diet plan and also an exercise section. My favorite recipes are from the last two though.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FitJen View Post
    Hi,

I have been following Mark's newsletter for years. However I'm just now thinking of following his nutrition plan and changing my way of eating. I picked up three of his books, "The Primal Blueprint, Quick and Easy Meals, and the 21 day total body transformation." Do I need " The Primal Blueprint" book AND the" 21 Day Primal plan" book? They seem redundant and the 21 day book seems like an abbreviated version of the first book hitting all the highlights and important info. Do you agree? I want to save a buck or two if possible . Some have suggested "The Paleo Solution" and a couple others. I have read extensively on the web and understand the principals but mainly want a book to guide me on what to eat, how to best use my time at the gym, etc.
    Both PB books cover the basics of the Primal Blueprint. "The Primal Blueprint" is more background info, while the "21 Day Total Body Transformation" is more like a guidebook to the PB. It covers the basics, too, but has a 21 day plan, and "action items" which tell you exactly what you should do. Which foods to get, which ones to get rid of, exercises etc. If you are looking for a guidebook, get the "21 Day Total Body Transformation". If you need more background info later, get the "Primal Blueprint", too. Or read everything on the blog. Or get another primal / paleo book.

Soduko is offline Junior Member
    I have bought the Primal Blueprint and Everyday Paleo. I find that I use the Primal Blueprint more. You can also download two cookbooks on this site for free and print them yourself. They are very good.

I am starting to use non primal books to make paleo meals. The Ballymaloe Cookery Course is excellent. I just posted about it earlier today. Though you won't get any primal advice a lot of the meals are based around meat, veg and butter! I also have Odd Bits by Jennifer McLagan which is good if you're interested in eating the less popular parts of the animal. It's a little pricey though.

I find that if you have a bit of time you can find a lot of excellent recipes on the internet, it just takes a bit more effort to find the ones you like and compile them.. but may be worth it if you're trying to save money.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Paleo Comfort Foods is an AWESOME BOOK! I've made a handful of dishes from there, and they are nothing short of fantastic.

It's by Julie and Charles Mayfield.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am thoroughly enjoying WELL FED Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat, by Melissa Joulwan. The recipes look really good, the writing is entertaining, and the pictures look good enough to eat!