Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you eat before a workout?

what do you eat before a workout?

Shop Now
    I need to eat by mid morning, and often have workouts soon after. I need something that will digest easily, and not weigh me down. Any idea?

Depending on the workout, I either have nothing, or a heavy meal a couple hours before(ussually eggs, veggies, cheese, and sometimes bacon). That's probably not terribly helpful for you.

I'd say something either fruit or yogurt/kefir.

i workout in a fasted state. i love it. any chance you can swap your workout and your mid-morning meal?

i usually workout right after work and before dinner so i guess that would be fasted

Nothing. Fasted usually. Sometimes I'll get the urge to knock out a bunch of chin-ups and pull-ups at random, but for a sprint or heavy lifting, fasted.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

1 scoop of grass fed whey - perfect workout fuel

Nada, usually, because it happens after I get home from work, right before dinner. On the off chance I work out right after lunch, I usually eat a relatively small salad.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Eat an apple or some melon or something.

some green tea and some BCAA's, all you need.

Shop Now
    5g BCAA's and a mandarin orange
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe