Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Type 1 and Type A page 4

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Make sure you are eating enough to keep your metabolism from stalling & getting enough butter and good fats over carbs. I hear you about the dairy thing, I have limited off and on for years. Have found dry cheeses like parmesan to be workable and a carton of kefir every other week- 1 carton doesn't set me back so much. As for the coffee, have started back up with but def think green tea can be healthier, maybe get a sun tea jar and make a bunch to keep chilled. Also agree with the ghee in tea suggestion, it's pretty good and helps with daily IF.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Hey Apple, do you have type 1 diabetic friends who you can talk to about balance? You don't sound very balanced at the moment [Edit: ok, that was 2 months ago, didn't look at dates] and the weight gain is obviously related to blood sugar spiking high. You are much to young to be getting neuropathology in your legs, that is really not good at all. I just think there isn't a great deal of front line knowledge on this forum. Did you really get a bubble in your insulin pump? Inexperience with it? What mean to say is whether it is adding to your risks or reducing them, because what you describe sounds frighteningly risky to me.

Anyway, my mother has been diabetic for over fifty years now since childhood and seems to me to be very on top of it and well controlled, including normal healthy births of us three kids etc. and everything before and since. PM me if you want to be put in touch. Of course your 20s is the most dangerous age, but you probably don't need to be told that.
    Last edited by billp; 05-30-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: checked dates

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Thank you! If you had asked me 2 years ago if I could even give myself ONE shot, I would have said no waaayyyy. One more week until I can use my insulin pump and then it will be one jab with a needle every 3 days. That's going to be heavenly. And hopefully I will have MUCH better control than I have been getting lately!
    So you didn't get a diagnosis of diabetes until a few years ago? I'm guessing that means you have LADA since you also are type 1. I'm curious if I am in the early stages of this also. My fasting glucose has been rising over the past couple years to where it is now over 100 almost always. And I've been doing everything "right" so far as I can tell. Any tips/things to test for to determine what is going on (I do plan on seeing a doctor to address my concerns).

apple is offline Senior Member
    I don't have neuropathy in my legs, I'm pretty sure that my problem was foot/leg cramps related to imbalanced minerals. I started using pink sea salt and taking more magnesium and it went away within a week or so.

Blood sugars have been better lately since I have gotten the pump, except obviously for that one air bubble problem. It's not dangerous, it just means you get air instead of insulin, so you don't get the insulin you need, and therefore you get high blood sugar. Easy to fix too, just annoying.

I'm a member of tudiabetes.com, where I go for other information. It's just that so many of the diabetics over there follow CW to try to control their blood sugars.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

billp is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear it. Things can sound more extreme than they really are in online forums.

apple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Glad to hear it. Things can sound more extreme than they really are in online forums.
    They sure can!

Dairy/alcohol/nut free paleo, day 1:
    Wasn't hungry! Was running around the house cleaning everything, blocking large knitted objects, and generally taking care of things around the place all day. Went to a popcorn-free movie last night, too! I had: homemade egg drop soup, chicken thighs, and lots of water kefir.

Today I want to ride my bike, assuming it won't be rainy and stormy all day again. Or maybe go on a quick run and lift some weights when I'm done.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234