Thread: 'On the piss' with hard liquor page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Well being 20, me and friends go out to town and drink the night away. Well funnily enough I think im going out tonight and I was wondering. Im embarking on being primal and was wondering about some general facts and figures about drinking.

I know drinking says in the bloodstream the day after and prevents protein synthesis quite substantially etc But would like to hear more.

When I go out should I stick to pure liquor (whisky, brandy) and stay the hell away from beer and sugary crap like mixers. heh, yeah I know its bad to do this , but im young and enjoying life at the minute, and stopping going out wont happen for a good few years (At least I hope!)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Mark has a post on this somewhere. Actually, as it turns out, several...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/?s=alcohol

When I drink I try to stick to red wine. I like sweeter table wines though, which have more sugar than drier wines. Otherwise I'll sip some brandy. I really can't drink much anymore. I had 2 glasses of wine yesterday and zonked out on the sofa for half an hour- lol.

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

I don't drink so I don't really know, but here are a couple articles ...

About specific types of alcohol:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/

Whether or not to drink alcohol at all:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/alcohol-consumption/

I like what Mark said in one of them, about how the stress relief of a drink at night probably outweighs the negative health side effects. It's great to be part of a healthy way of life that doesn't strictly ban anything!

lesliek is offline Member

I love bourbon. I'll drink a couple glasses (on the rocks) one or two times a week, and it doesn't seem to derail my primal endeavors. The main risk is if alcohol makes you hungry and you end up eating something you wouldn't otherwise. Or if you mix it with sugary things.

I used to drink craft beer fairly frequently, and now I don't tolerate it very well (bloated, sleepy, etc.)

hfox is offline Junior Member

Generally speaking, the consumption of alcohol is, among other things, the enemy of muscle-building and fat-loss. On StrongLifts.com, for example, you'll find some talk on these matters. Increases estrogen levels in men, etc., etc. It's pretty counterproductive to the primal lifestyle, imo, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

misathemeb is offline Member

my heart belongs to the dark ones....scotch & cognac. i realize i drink like an old man and i'm ok with that.