Thread: I'm new! page

AshleyCR is offline Member

I'm new!

Shop Now
    Hello everyone, my name is Ashley and I'm 19. I'm a student studying Classics at University of Toronto

The first time I heard the term 'paleo' I was doing some online research about the effect of gluten. The more I read, the more made sense. Basically, I cut out all grains 4 months ago and my periodic bouts of depression all but disappeared.

Without realizing it, I was almost eating Paleo (I hadn't cut out the dairy). It felt good and I lost some weight.

I'm joining the forum because I really admire Mark's blog and think the sense of community here is amazing. I've experimented with a lot of different diets and lifestyles in the past 6 years and felt like I was losing control of my eating. I tried being a vegetarian, but I got hungry! This lifestyle goes along with everything I've ever felt to be important: being outside, eating well and thriving.

So hello everyone! I'll see you around.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ashley. Welcome. In primal, you don't have to cut dairy if it doesn't cause problems.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

AshleyCR is offline Member
    I'm still not sure if it causes problems, but I know I rely on it more than I should. I tried a couple days without any dairy at all and found I had extreme muscle and joint pain. It could be from something other than the dairy, but I added some of it back. Or I could have been in ketosis. :/

wooty is offline Member
    hey ashley...nice to see some other young women around these parts! i'm 23 and a grad student in vancouver.