Thread: What books do I need most to get me started and do I include kids? page

FitJen is offline Junior Member

What books do I need most to get me started and do I include kids?

Shop Now
    Hi,

I have been following Mark's newsletter for years. However I'm just now thinking of following his nutrition plan and changing my way of eating. I picked up three of his books, "The Primal Blueprint, Quick and Easy Meals, and the 21 day Primal plan." Do I need " The Primal Blueprint" book AND the" 21 Day Primal plan" book? They seem redundant and the 21 day book seems like an abbreviated version of the first book hitting all the highlights and important info. Do you agree? I want to save a buck or two if possible .

I'm around the age of 40 and I have two kids (age 8), so we are a family of four. Will I fail if I try to change my habits first before trying to get the family on board? I can't really empty all of my pantry if I do things this way. Also I guess I will be making all of us dinner to fit my way of eating. However I'm very concerned that my kids will not like the recipes in the book. I would love to hear from someone regarding their experiences in this area and advice is welcome! We already do have potato chips, etc. in the house. We limit the junk food and the kids drink milk or water. I'm starting to learn about dairy but they didn't like almond or rice milk when they tried it unless it was chocolate (too much sugar). Thanks in advance for the advice. Excuse my lengthy post!!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    you can do well without any bbooks even, tahts the great thing about the site ... but the primal blueprint will get you goin well, and primal blueprint fitness is a free download on the site as well ..

just poke around here, avoid ALL grains (including fake ie: coconut flour etc), and go 100% and enjoy!

as far as kids im not lucky enough to have any yet .. the wife and i both went primal, she went 1 week after me after seeing how great i felt ... we intend to raise our kids primal without a doubt .. and dont feel bad about the pantry, i gave away about $300 worth of food when i started .. i didnt even want it in the house .. i went cold turkey and gave a friend that is having hard times all the food i could no longer eat .. never looked back, my pantry is now damn near empty ... couple organic cans of tomatoes, pumpkin, and spices .. thats it .. a cupboard that used to be packed is now EMPTY, and my fridge is now FULL with fruits and veggies ... and a freezer full of meats and veggies .. LOVING LIFE ..
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    I read The Paleo Solution as well, it gives one a good look (in a fun way) of what the different foods do inside the body. But I'm an information geek and want to know the "why" behind the "do or don't".

FitJen is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your replies. A friend suggested that book and cookbook to me. I wasn't sure it followed the same principals as Mark's books? Although I think it's similar. Correct?

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLisaGo View Post
    I read The Paleo Solution as well, it gives one a good look (in a fun way) of what the different foods do inside the body. But I'm an information geek and want to know the "why" behind the "do or don't".
    Agree, this is a very good read. I also recommend The Paleo Answer and Primal Body, Primal Mind.

Mark's books are good and easy, but for me they weren't comprehensive enough. I love getting all the facts and research too.