Thread: New here...and wanted to say hi page

MyDogTuff is offline Junior Member

New here...and wanted to say hi

Shop Now
    This is my first post to the forum. I have been primal for a week as of tomorrow. I did start the new year with a detox, which is why my primal journey started a little later. I wanted to jump in and post as I have been a part of many online communities and know how valuable they can be.

I must admit that I found the primal lifestyle after reaching to many conclusions on my own. I was a chronic cardio queen. I could spend an hour on the elliptical or treadmill. I was counting my calories (and eating my points when I was in Weight Watchers mode) but never losing weight. It just never made sense to me. I did however start to notice how my body would react to grains, even though I have primarily eaten whole grains for the last four years.

It was listening to my body and seeing that there was no progress on the scale front no matter how much I worked out that brought me here. Basically, I was searching for something that supported what I was finding to be true with my body.

It has been a good week. I am trying not to focus on scale results but I know that my body is feeling better and stronger. I know do kettlebell classes and am loving them. I love the feeling of increased strength.

I am going to read around on the forum and post questions as I do have some but need to find the appropriate place to ask them.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I have seen you encouraging other newbies. That's great. I try to welcome every newbie, but sometimes it is too much.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.