Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Frustratred I could cry page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

So Frustratred I could cry

Primal Fuel
    OK, so we have been primal for nearly 3 months now, and I feel great.
    I have tried to give up dairy many times since starting and have always gone back to it. (Butter in bulletproof coffee) when I am without it (And coffee) I haven't given up one at a time. My bloating goes down as do the scales.
    But I always go back then get frustrated when I get bloated again. Although doing the Bulletproof IF fast the scales have been moving up and down around the same kg.
    I know the butter has to go, but I want to know why, surely such a small amount can't affect me that bad? I thought butter was the least of the dairy evils?
    Really this is just a vent, as I know what I have to do, but arghhhhhhh!

I know this shouldn't be about weight, but damnit, I want to be back where I was on the scales before I started primal (Yes i have gone up about 5 kg since starting, but do look smaller, there are pics around the place).
    I just don't want to get back that place of obsessing about the numbers all the time.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Oh and I know I won't be going back to grains or processed foods ,but it seems some of us really have to tweak how we eat, and we can't just eat without thinking about it.

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    Why does it have to be about the scales, you've said yourself you are physically smaller. So you've lost fat and have gained muscle, isn't this a good thing?

Ditch the scales, stop obsessing about numbers and let your clothes be your guide.

well I have bloated up a lot in the last 3 days

I guess the photo is enough proof I should ditch them
    I blew up a lot in 3 days, its crazy

I do feel a billion times better, and all my digestion issues have gone. I am grateful for that, but I want to like what I see, and I know the scales have to move eventually, as does my belly have to get smaller. My belly causes me a lot of self esteem issues.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Try process of elimination. I love coffee. Maybe Try using coconut milk instead of butter and see if that helps. Or expiriment with ghee. You may be getting a response from the dairy solids in the butter. Which sucks but we are all different and have to expiriment with our bodies responses to foods.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

yeah tried that too and I didn't like it as much.
    I know I have to suck it up and go without. But I really wanted to vent about it thats all

lopisheep is offline Senior Member

Bloating, etc.

Hey, Ayla --

Just had a thought. What if it's not the dairy that makes you bloat but the coffee? I mean, coffee does really weird things to us. What if your liver or kidneys are unhappy and not dealing with the chemicals in coffee. It's hard to imagine a little dairy doing that to you. Also, do you drink organic coffee? That can make a big difference for some people. It could be the chemicals used to produced the coffee. Just ideas. Hope this helps and you get to drink your coffee and dairy. Bloating is such a pain!

BTW, Ayla is so perfect for an avatar on primal:-)

I do drink organic coffee.
    I guess you are right, but either way I probably should try 30 days without both and then try one at a time right?

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow! Do a Google on coffee and bloating. I just did. That could be the culprit. Again, I'd try organic before I gave it up -- and maybe more butter or even a good amount of cream to see if it's the acid in the coffee. Just ideas. Still hoping it'll be an easy fix for you and maybe you just can switch to organic:-)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast