Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Living Primal in Vermont page

MarieGray is offline Member

Cool Living Primal in Vermont

Day 1:
    2 homemade chocolate chip cookies. (I know. Move on, had to get it "on paper")

Breakfast:
    2 backyard eggs with a bit of last nights chili folded into an omelet with pat of butter on top
    bacon
    decaf coffee and cream
    16 oz water

Lunch:
    6 brown and serve sausage links
    6 large spears broccoli with butter and season salt
    about 1/4 c of pickled banana peppers
    16 oz water
    decaf with cream (SO cold here!!!!)

Dinner remains to be seen....but I have lots to choose from...greens. spagetti squash, cukes, peppers, avocado, chicken breast chicken wings, leftover "meat muffins" and the chili, as well as eggs.

DINNER: chicken wings. rubbed in smoked paprika, chili powder and season salt, baked at 450 for 30 m inutes, tossed in hot sauce and butter, back into oven at 500 for five minutes. served with cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes and bleu cheese. YUM!!!!!!!!!!

For dessert, blueberries with cream.
    Still kind of confused about how I should workout today, so I think I'm just going to bundle up and hit the treadmill at a moderate to brisk walk for 40 minutes. *****never did workout today unless you count the 4-5 hours of laundry, cooking and housework I did, moping vacuuming etc.
    Last edited by MarieGray; 01-22-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: additions

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    hahaha.... I hear you on the cookies... you are off to a wonderful start! I will look for you around here! xoL

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks primal4fifty!!!!!! Same goes! Well, I've seen you around here since I've been lurking here for a long time. thanks for the comment. :-)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I grew up in Cleveland and thought I knew cold until I spent the month of January working graveyard at IBM near Burlington. OMG!!! The summers are heaven though so it kinda balances out I guess. Sending warm thoughts your way!

Smile Monday january 23rd 2012 Day II

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to 20 degrees this morning! It feels like a heat wave!
    I got up early to try to give myself some quiet, awake, relaxing, prepare for the day time before the troops get up. It's just me and the dogs! Chickens aren't even awake yet!

Todays eats:

16oz of water, 1 cup "Honey Vanilla Chamomille" tea, nothing added

Breakfast: 1 cup stir fry veggies, 2 backyard eggs, 4 sausages 2 cups decaf coffee with half and half

Snack:handful almonds (12 or 14)

Lunch: 1 big ass salad (greens, egg, bleu cheese, bacon, tomatoes) 16oz water chewed a 1/2 stick of cinnamon gum for "dessert" stipped on vanilla seltzer. in addition to water

Snack:handful almonds (12 or 14)

Supper: Primal Venison Stew (cooked overnight, going to cool it today and warm up later, tried a bite this am.....SO good!) heap of cauliflower. 16oz water

Snack: blueberries and coconut cream

Feeling really good about this day. I feel pretty good about yesterday, it's the first time in a long time that I went an entire day without a splenda....I even drank vanilla seltzer.....

For posting purposes, I got on the scale this morning, it said 220. Lovely. Last week I was down 3 lbs. that's fine. I'm no longer going to define myself by the scale. Freezing drizzle expected this am....hope the ride to the bus stop and then to work is uneventful.

Cheers!

**330 pm update. I have a ridiculous amount of happy/excited energy today. I feel a very much renewed and refocused purpose towards the lifestyle that I've been working on since April. I feel in my gut that I'm doing the right thing. (In case you didn't read my intro, I've been on Atkins since April. I went from 247 lbs to 213 lbs. I'm not hovering between 217 and 220....for several weeks, Primal is like Atkins to me, minus the processed junk, and a whole different attitude!!!!) I feel SO good today. I was going to skip treadmill, but I don't want to...I really just want to ride this energy out! Maybe I'll try some lifting?

Self Sufficient Gray
    Last edited by MarieGray; 01-23-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: updates

January 24, 2012 Tuesday

Good morning. It's cold and slushy and icy here in Vermont. Schools are delayed two hours, waiting for a call from work to graciously allow me the same. I had to go out last night to pick up the oldest from a basketball game and it was an adventure to say the least!

Being at home was an adventure last night as well. I was cold and wet, so I foolishly got into pajamas and snuggled onto the couch to watch the pre news, followed by the news. What goes great with those things? Homemade chocolate chip cookies of course. Jesus H Chr**t. Anyway, I had my bowl of venison stew. I did not have cauliflower or tomatoes. I did have blueberries and coconut milk. You know what? Venison stew wasn't that great. I have a quart + 2 cups leftover. Blech. The only thing I can hope for is that by reducing it a while on the stovetop makes it creamier and a little more flavorful. Blech. Tonite would normally be a couch to 5k night. I'm going to stick to that becaues I think I need the cardio, especially until I figure out what I'm doing here.....Waiting for the energy of yesterday to pinch me in the rear, because with the drizzle hitting my windows, and the house so.very.quiet, I'm tempted to go back to bed. I'm off tomorrow because of my daughters busy day, but it'll be just that. A busy day. Hmmph. Oh well. The resonsibilities of a working stiff.

Ciao.

Todays eats:
    16oz of water, 1 cup "Honey Vanilla Chamomille" tea, with juice of 1/2 lemon (had to use it up)

Breakfast: 1 cup stir fry veggies, 2 backyard eggs, 4 sausages 2 cups decaf coffee with half and half

Snack: cherry tomatoes, pepperoni (have to use it up)

Lunch: 1 big ass salad (greens, egg, bleu cheese, bacon, tomatoes + stir fry veggies) 16oz water chewed a 1/2 stick of cinnamon gum for "dessert" stipped on vanilla seltzer. in addition to water. bowl of chicken broth/chicken sausage/kale soup, yesterday Big Ass Salad didn't really fill me up. (I was SO full after this, but hungry again by 2pm)

Snack: peanut butter + cheddar cheese

Supper: two turkey burgers with carmelized onions and swiss cheese.

Snack: whipped coconut milk, tsp cocoa, toasted walnuts (OH god I forgot how much I love coconut milk, and I forgot how much it HATES me. Really, it's the guar gum.....it Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrts. :-(

Not counting dinner veggies, I'm around 16 net carbs of vegetables today.

Movement: Interval training on treadmill, 30 minutes.
    Milestones: Geez how could I forget? today is day 18 with no diet soda. today is day 2 with no splenda.
    Weight: unchanged. Didn't expect it to anyway. Not sure which I need to throw away first, the cookies or the scale.
    Today I ate one Russell Stovers Dark Chocolate's. It was raspberry cream. Mmmph. Terrible awful cravings today..
    Last edited by MarieGray; 01-24-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: addition

nuerss is offline Junior Member
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies of course. Jesus H Chr**t. Anyway, I had my bowl of venison stew.

vthuskies is offline Junior Member
    How awesome, a fellow Vermonter on the boards! I've been lurking for about a month, but finally found a reason to post. I'm up in the northwest corner of the state.

I've been primal since the beginning of the year and the carb/sugar cravings have really gone away. If you can eat really clean for a couple of weeks, you won't want to eat those cookies. I've known I'm gluten intolerant for 3 years, but I got really slack about eating gf. Now I realize how much better I feel not eating wheat.

Sounds like you are much better at getting in your workouts than I am. I'm signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in Burlington in May, so I need to get my butt outside and run!

Wow, yes! A fellow Vermonter! I've been on Atkins since April, I really see this as Atkins - the crap. SUgar is really the hard one for me. Two weeks you say huh? TOday would be day 1. I really sometimse have to start over like 3x a week. Uggggggh. As a runner how do you feel about the workouts suggested in Primal Blueprint??? I'm really just confused and not sure where to start. Until I'm clear, I'm sticking with Couch to 5k.
    Thanks for reading!

vthuskies is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To be honest, I really haven't worked out since starting PB. This weekend officially starts half-marathon training. I'm going to keep my training miles as low as possible and run at a slow pace (which shouldn't be too difficulty since I'm naturally a slow runner). I'm aiming for 1 short run with sprints (which is PB compliant), one short run-steady pace, and a longer run on the weekend. I think the point of PB is not to get sucked into the chronic cardio where you are running every day or most days of the week just to log miles. After the race I'll get more into the PB workouts, lifting heavy things 2-3 times a week, 1 day of sprints, and playing more.

It sounds like you may be focusing to trying to change too many things at once. Why don't you focus on getting your eating in line and then worry about the PB workouts later once you get the hang of the nutrition? Make sure you are eating lots of fat, that really seemed to help. I eat some frozen blackberries at night if I'm craving something sweet.

Here's an idea of what I ate yesterday: (I try to IF for 14 hours, from after dinner until lunch the next day)
    11am-sausage with tomato sauce, whole green pepper, clementine
    6:30pm-grass fed ground beef, sauteed peppers and onions, a little bit of Cabot shredded cheddar on top (like a taco salad)
    That was it for the day. I usually eat a handful of almonds during the day and sometimes some fruit in the evening, but I didn't yesterday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast