Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much seaweed is... too much seaweed? page

bdilla is offline Senior Member

How much seaweed is... too much seaweed?

Shop Now
    "SeaSnax". Whole30 approved. Brendan approved as well, based on the entire family pack I just ate within the last hour. Too much?
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Haha- I can totally relate to this. I can't understand how any DOESN'T eat an entire bag of sea snax. SO good.

I wouldn't do it every day, but I think its fine.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    After googling it appears that what you are referring to are a type of nori sheet such as sushi rolls are wrapped in.

I'd like to point out that there is probably no harm from eating an entire package... but there may be some repercussions. Most dried seaweed products expand in water and absorb moisture... up to about 4x.
    Basically you may to run into two issues... A.) drink plenty of water and feel WAY overfull, and possibly have some loose stools from the slippery nature of hydrated sea vegetable plus the fact that it is 1/3 fiber , or B.) don't consume enough water and it might dehydrate you and make your stools hard.

Honestly, I think it's a pretty self limiting type thing. You'll either have some bad results or you'll feel fine. Not sure I'd consume an entire family pack of sea veg every day, but if you are like most people you are probably a little iodine deficient and it'll give you a boost for sure. I don't think it's going to hurt you at all ... except if one of the above scenarios occurs. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

dado Guest
    You can never have enough seaweed.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    When you grow gills, it is probably time to slow down.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Too much seaweed is if it makes up your whole diet, 3 meals a day, every day. But I doubt you would eat that much.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Just the responses I needed to warrant a trip to the store for more seaweed. Thanks guys.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE seaweed and don't want to be a killjoy... but are there concerns about seaweed sourced from the Pacific near Japan and radiation? I buy seaweed grown in Maine, just to be safe. If you know anything about seaweed and radiation danger, please chime in.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    I LOVE seaweed and don't want to be a killjoy... but are there concerns about seaweed sourced from the Pacific near Japan and radiation? I buy seaweed grown in Maine, just to be safe. If you know anything about seaweed and radiation danger, please chime in.
    no concern at all.

radiation is overrated.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    From their Web Site

Should I be concerned about radiation in light of the nuclear disaster in Japan?

After the nuclear tragedy in Japan we had our seaweed tested for heavy metals (lead, cadmium and mercury) and radiation (I-131, CS-134, and CS-137) by the Seoul National University and the Korean Ministry of Food, Farming and Agriculture.

We passed both tests with flying colors and we will continue testing for heavy metals and radiation on an ongoing basis. Being a family business, our motto is "we make SeaSnax as if our own kids eat them every day, because they do", so merely passing tests, although important, isn’t enough for us. We believe that the health of our children and our planet starts with eating healthy foods and we will vigorously work to make our food safe and nutritious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast