Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off the wagon - double cake fail! page

Nibbler is offline Senior Member

Off the wagon - double cake fail!

Primal Fuel
    Arrrrgh! I just did the bad thing! I came home from work and thought **** it I'm going to eat a bit of that rum stollen on the counter there... only last weekend someone made me a cake and I ate a few bits of that too! Oh the guilt, I actually like the guilt oh no oh dear! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't allow myself treats like dark choc and the odd medjool date or banana - they are supposed to stop me eating lovely spicy squishy fruity cakey bready thingies. Balls.

(I should probably mention that my partner is non primal... that's why the stollen was in the house.)

I think maybe this happened because I haven't eaten for 8 hrs due to being the only member of staff at work and the last thing I ate was ham and eggs.

I feel bad because I know I shouldn't eat it but I really enjoyed it, I am positively gleeful, and that makes it worse. Am I stuck in a weekend cake trap? Help me!!!

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Only if you CHOOSE to shovel it in your face.
    Only if you CHOOSE to not fill yourself up on real, good food.
    Only if you choose. You're an adult who knows about nutrition all that. Don't act like it's out of your control. It's only flour and sugar(and other crap) - it has no magical powers - it can't force you to eat it. So stop putting it up on a pedestal!

I'm just having a whinge.

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    in a word, chill.

this is not a "diet" so you have failed at nothing.....you ate a bit cake. not the end of time itself.

grok would have had his fair share of sugar(Fruit however) if he came across it.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

it did have fruit in it...
    just because there is no evidence of a prehistoric stollen tree does not mean there wasn't one. somewhere. or not.

PrimalPam is offline Member
    Oh shoot, last Sunday (1 week ago today), I stepped on the scale and had gained .4 lbs. Thought I'd show at least a 2 lb. loss. OK, not so bad, but my boyfriend is doing a SAD diet and has lost 15 lbs. in 30 days (he doesn't really have much more to lose). So, he's sitting at almost goal weight, but I'm gaining, while following Primal to the letter. I broke down when he left and ate an individual bundt cake thingy WITH ice cream, PLUS a cupcake WITH ice cream. I couldn't sleep that night, kept feeling my GERD again, felt fuzzy the next day.

Soooo, this week, I've gone to Primal assault 101. I've eaten 100% primal since my next meal (breakfast the next day); sleeping is back on track, GERD gone, and I feel great.

Oh, and I got on the scale this morning and am down 3 lbs. from last weigh-in.

One slip-up will not do you in. What I'm learning is, at the very next time you eat, make it primal.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    This thread.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    There's no wagon to fall off of, and GUILT is not part of PB.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Pam, that is impressive! I feel better. I think I just needed a pat on the head.

Indeed Grumpy Caveman. It's the sugar I reckon, made me go a bit cuckoo.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My strategies:

1) Eat plenty of animal fat so I can't even make myself eat chocolate, crisps, cake etal.
    2) Get right back on the wagon the next day without worrying about it.
    3) Remind myself that even with the odd cake 'fail', my food intake of late still has to be at least ten times healthier than before.

2) and 3) are probably the most important, in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast