Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little disappointed that I still hate mornings page

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member

A little disappointed that I still hate mornings

Primal Fuel
    I love to sleep. I can sleep in the daytime or night; doesn't matter if I'm exhausted or not even tired, if it's dead quiet or there's noise - if I lie down I'll soon be asleep. I sleep really, really soundly and am very hard to wake up and all this has been constant my whole life.

The other constant is when I wake up in the morning (or after a nap) I feel like total shit - headache, stiff muscles, depressed and usually a stomach ache, doesn't matter if I ate just before bed or been fasting for hours, if I go to bed early or late, get 9 hrs. or 4. I can't focus my eyes for at least 15 - 20 minutes after waking and I don't even want my pets near me (I ADORE my pets). All this goes away in about a half hour to 45 minutes and I start feeling great and ready to start a new day.

I remember back in school when someone would come back after being absent and say they'd woke up sick and I'd always think, how can you tell? Doesn't everybody? I was kinda hoping Primal would change that but it hasn't so I guess it's not food related. Just weird I guess.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I'm still waiting for the whole 'jump out of bed full of energy' thing to kick in

I've worked out if you have a 20 min nap, you're far less likely to feel like that truck has hit you. Now my body has decided 10 mins is enough (I've been nanna napping for 14 years -13 yrs ago I was working 2 jobs, then got pregnant. Every time one toddler would sleep through, I'd fall pregnant, so then would wake cos of those fun pregnancy issues you get). Problem is, with 10 mins, you're not even sure you fell asleep.

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Me too! Loving primal but I definitely haven't got the energy boost. Still feel tired a bit during the day and struggling in the mornings too. I was really hoping for this energy boost!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

brachiate is offline Senior Member
    Any chance you have sleep apnoea?
    The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    (Lily Tomlin)

I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
    (Arthur De Vany)

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brachiate View Post
    Any chance you have sleep apnoea?
    Good call. Or narcolepsy tendencies?

My sleep didn't get sorted out until I did the Leptin-reset. For me it must have been a hormonal issue.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    It has always been, that when I nap, they are 20 minute power naps. I have noticed that I do not get as drowsy in the afternoon as often, but I just started primal at the beginning of the month and I am still sorting diet out.

dado Guest
    Man, totally different here. I wake up and I can go immediately. Just a ton of energy, big morning person. Love mornings. It's morning right now, here, where I am, and I feel amazing.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about getting a sleep study? Your morning do sound really bad.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I've never thought of a sleep study. Here's the thing, I sleep extremely well - no tossing around and I have wonderful dreams (when I can remember them). Once I get past the 30/40 minutes of everything hurts/I-hate-everything/life-is-not-worth-living each morning I am refreshed, ready to tackle anything and run wide open all day so I honestly don't think I have a sleep disorder. What I have is a morning disorder.

I was just curious if anyone else was the same or if I'm the special snowflake. After all these years if I ever did wake up feeling good it would scare the hell outta me 'cause I'd figure I was dying or something.

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    No you are not the special snowflake, I am not a morning person either. Progestin only birth control made it a whole lot worse and I would wake up pissed off. But then again depo and norplant made me act like I was on permanent PMS X 10. I need to sit awhile in the morning sipping my tea or coffee and waiting for my eyes to both point in the same direction. My kids know not to talk to me while I'm waking up. I will be a)grumpy and b)I won't remember anything they said. It takes me about a 1/2 hour 45 minutes for my body and brain to clunk into functioning. I usually read my email and the news and get caffeinated while I wait.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast