Thread: Eating once a day and combining fat and carbs. page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

Eating once a day and combining fat and carbs.

Shop Now
    Due to time constraints of my life I usually only eat once a day. It hasn't been a problem for me and I enjoy it. But say if on my heaviest workout day I eat high carb, which for me would be around 50 to 75g, along with what I normally eat which is fatty meat, 8-10 eggs, oil, butter, etc. with other veggies, will this help or hurt in the short/long term?

I love steak and sweet potatos together and this is my meal of choice on heavy workout days. though for the last few weeks i was just doing steak and several fried eggs a big bowl of veggies with olive oil dressing and some almond butter. But i want to consistently add sweet potatos and maybe some fruit to the mix on the heavy days and even on other workout days. will having the high carb and high fat all at once be beneficial?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    50 to 75g is already very low so you're not really going out on any limbs here. A high carb intake on a work out day can and likely will help strength training progress.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    50 to 75g is already very low so you're not really going out on any limbs here. A high carb intake on a work out day can and likely will help strength training progress.
    well i'm more about losing this bit of fat than strength gains.