Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fascinating NPR article and video on pork butchering page 2

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    "His favorite cut of a pig? The trotter, or the foot. 'If you have a trotter on a plate, you should feel blessed and not say 'Ew,' he says. 'They're kind of everything a chicken wing dreams of being.'"

MUST. SEEK.

Video bookmarked for later..

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, I'll take his name off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by War{^@^} View Post
    As a kid my dad butchered everything(pigs, cows, deer, chickens, etc...) himself and I always got to be his little helper. When I was old enough and proved my skills, I took over the butchering. It's been 20+ years since I had to butcher an animal and in some ways I miss that. I felt I appreciated the meat I ate more.
    When deer hunting season or the family/friends would need more beef, the butchering would be an event for all involved to share(social gathering). One person cutting, one person trimming the meat and a couple of people wrapping it up and packing it in the ice box.

Just an FYI Mark Twain didn't say that..... he died 1910 & the Empire State Building wasn't built until 1931. Just thought you'd like to know
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

War{^@^} is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouaouaron View Post
    Thanks, I'll take his name off of it.
    I tried to find the person who say it, but so far I've been unable too. Someone had to have said it since it's plasted everywhere on the net. lol
    TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12