Thread: Scotch Eggs~ page

Nady is offline Senior Member

Scotch Eggs~

Primal Fuel
    I had forgotten all about these! Mark's Daily Apple

Tasted them for the first time at the Renaissance Festival~ had to learn to make them ~ but I baked them instead of deep fry~ easier, less mess, just as good! Going to start making them again

cave-e8r is offline Member
    That's happening tomorrow. I'm thawing out the pound of sausage I bought last week for a different recipe that I changed my ming on. Just bought 2 dozen eggs today from the farmer's market. This will make breakfast for the next few days.

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    I was SO excited to see this! I follow the Nom Nom Paleo blog (amazing- highly recommend) and she just posted some pics of scotch eggs, as well. I cannot WAIT to try these!!!

Nady- do you mean you baked them and skipped the oil in the pan part that Mark describes? I wonder if I should just do that? How long did you bake for? Cooked or uncooked sausage?

So confused!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I baked them at 375 for 20-30 min. until lightly browned~ uncooked sausage~ just wrapped the sausage around the egg and put it on a cookie sheet~ I've made them several times this way and they always turn out great!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Ooh, those look good!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I made them w/ ground beef and seasoned it the way I normally would. Baked them in the oven. I called them dinosaur eggs, my son called them dragon eggs. Whatever, they all ate them gone (4 yr old, 15 yr old and hubby)! That's win in my book!

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I baked them at 375 for 20-30 min. until lightly browned~ uncooked sausage~ just wrapped the sausage around the egg and put it on a cookie sheet~ I've made them several times this way and they always turn out great!
    Awesome!!

I can't wait to try this!

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    I make mine with 2 lbs beef, 1 pound sausage and then wrapped them in bacon My family loves them!