Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saponification+Acidosis = Atherosclerosis and Osteoporosis? page

Consistency is offline Junior Member

Saponification+Acidosis = Atherosclerosis and Osteoporosis?

Delete thread. Rather see deluted meat eaters kill themselves.
    Last edited by Consistency; 01-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    it doesn't matter if all meats acidifying. All you have to do is combine acidifying foods with alkaline foods to create a balance. You can also get too alkaline which is not good either.
    omega 6 is only bad when you haven't got a good balance with omega 3. same with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    it doesn't matter if all meats acidifying. All you have to do is combine acidifying foods with alkaline foods to create a balance. You can also get too alkaline which is not good either.
    omega 6 is only bad when you haven't got a good balance with omega 3. same with the above.
    One thing too alkaline is bleach. Can you tell me of foods that would make the blood too alkaline?

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    Saponification acidosis blah blah blah
    Makes me wonder if the government loads meat with Sodium to control population growth. Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
    You don't say.

Sodium sure is deadly, but I'm more concerned about your iron intake. Please mount a ferrous spike on a convenient wall at eye level, then drive your forehead into it repeatedly until the pain is all gone.
    ::
    More coherent trolls, please.

Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    You don't say.

Sodium sure is deadly, but I'm more concerned about your iron intake. Please mount a ferrous spike on a convenient wall at eye level, then drive your forehead into it repeatedly until the pain is all gone.
    ::
    More coherent trolls, please.
    Read the post smart ass. I'm not the one who got overweight on grains. Too many overweight people coming along trying to sound smart.

Raw meat isn't acidic since the animals PH wouldn't change. Cooking it at high temperature would make the meat Acidic and pasteurizing milk would make it acidic.

Why doesn't the Paleo diet point this out to anyone?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Mark advocates eating a lot of vegetable in every meal. This prevents atherosclerosis, and, besides, the high blood trigyglcerides that you mention as required for atherosclerosis are caused by eating a high carb, low fat diet high in sucrose/fructose.

I think you need to go back and re-read PB.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

xx
    Last edited by Consistency; 01-23-2012 at 12:01 PM.

I'm not confusing sucrose and fructose. I have a degree in biochemistry thanks.

All fructose is detoxed in the liver. That's why eating large quantities of fruit is a bad idea, especially in the form of juices.

Also fructose is much more reactive than glucose, resulting in more advanced glycation end products and damage to proteins in the liver. So it's hugely more inflammatory than glucose - probably the reason why most cells in the body can't take it up.

Most vegetables only contain moderate amounts of fructose so it's nothing to worry about there.

Vitamin D is just as important for preventing atherosclerosis as vitamin A, and needs more attention as deficiency is much more common.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-22-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Another clarification for you - fructose is usually turned to fatty acids by the liver and these fatty acids are used to make triglycerides which are associated with the bad cholesterol that can contribute to atherosclerosis.

Gluconeogenesis - the conversion of fructose into glucose rarely occurs in practice, only when blood glucose is low. Therefore fruit is best eaten about an hour before a meal when the body is in a fasted state.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    xx
    Last edited by Consistency; 01-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast