Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Process of elimination, possible allergy to EGGS...NOOOOOO!!!!! page

patski is offline Senior Member

Process of elimination, possible allergy to EGGS...NOOOOOO!!!!!

Shop Now
    Ok, so I'm wondering if I've developed an allergy to eggs. For more info, please read my thread on dermatitis.

I just had a breakfast shake with the following in it:

Coconut milk
    Water
    Avocado
    Raspberries/Blueberries
    Flax
    One raw egg

And...I'm kind of itchy. I did some basic googling and found that egg white allergies may present themselves as some form of eczema or dermatitis.

So, now what? I love my eggs and bacon for breakfast in the morning. Can I lightly fry egg yolks though not cook them all the way?

This sucks if my findings prove true....

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Could also be a mild Herx reaction, coconut milk killing candida.

Amazing stuff, that crasay coconut! Thanks for the link. I wondered that myself, coconut being anti-fungal and all.

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    how do you do with soy? reason I ask is some people can do eggs but only if they confirm the chicken feed is not soy based. if it is, no eggs

CE402 is online now Senior Member
    I don't do well with raw eggs whites. Get a queasy feeling when I put them in a protien shake.

No issues with eggs over easy, lightly scrambled, or soft boiled. Take it for what it's worth...

maile,

I haven't touched soy products in years! To my knowledge, the feed is not soy based either.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Best not to assume, find out if you can.

Cut out eggs altogether for 3 weeks. Do you feel itchy with the same shake without the egg? Eat plenty of eggs for 2 days, then stop eating them again and see if you have any allergy symptoms (itchiness, congestion, post nasal drip, etc.) the days following that. That is what my nutritionist recommended to me to determine if I have an egg allergy. I'm repeating the process soon with nightshades (testing with bell peppers), citrus, and yeast (using apple cider vinegar and probably having some red wine).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    My kids get that with raw egg white,but no problems with cooked eggs. Flax-seed is highly allergenic too. If you recently started getting symthomps to food you have always tolerated, I'd consider it being leaky gut. And having been through Herxheimer myself, I have to say I strongly doubt it's die-off. Sounds like allergy to me.

Hi nameless

I had a similar shake today and I was fine. *tries to think* I don't remember being itchy. I would have made a note about it.

Someone mentioned here that it could be coconut killing off fungi too. Thereby causing itchiness.

I'm off eggs completely as of today. The next time I see my organic grocer, I'll ask him about the feed the chickens get.

Through said process of elimination, I'm curious to see if this is still a yeast infection or something else. I've had dermatitis for just over 9 months now. As stated in my other thread, it's gotten loads better.

I really hope it's not leaky gut :-\

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast