Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day, I Canceled My Crossfit Membership page

mattrogers55 is offline Member

Sad Day, I Canceled My Crossfit Membership

Primal Fuel
    Sad day, I canceled my Crossfit membership . My semester didn't fit with their training schedule so I couldn't justify the price. I loved my time at Frisco Crossfit and I've never felt more welcomed in a gym. I would highly suggest it to anyone in the north Dallas area

I joined the local Globogym (24 hour fitness) I'm currently reading starting strength and practical programming, both by Mark Rippetoe. I'll be doing the majority of my training based on what I learn from these books. I've seen a bunch of people have success with it. Whatchu think?
    "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace by those who have been trained by it."

HT: 6' 2"
    Peak Wt: 303lbs- Nov 1st 2011
    Current Wt: 240lbs- Sep 1st 2012

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    Solid plan. Can't go wrong with anything from Rippetoe. I assume they have the correct equipmemt at 24hf?

You can always grab a wod from the mainsite if you're feeling nostalgic.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I am happy for you that you cancelled your Crossfit membership.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I am happy for you that you cancelled your Crossfit membership.
    This. Crossfit is right about working out with intensity but their implementation of it is horrid.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrogers55 View Post
    Sad day, I canceled my Crossfit membership . My semester didn't fit with their training schedule so I couldn't justify the price. I loved my time at Frisco Crossfit and I've never felt more welcomed in a gym. I would highly suggest it to anyone in the north Dallas area

I joined the local Globogym (24 hour fitness) I'm currently reading starting strength and practical programming, both by Mark Rippetoe. I'll be doing the majority of my training based on what I learn from these books. I've seen a bunch of people have success with it. Whatchu think?
    Rippetoe= strength training deity.

Quote Originally Posted by deepglades View Post
    Solid plan. Can't go wrong with anything from Rippetoe. I assume they have the correct equipmemt at 24hf?

You can always grab a wod from the mainsite if you're feeling nostalgic.
    +1

DanielP is offline Junior Member
    I quickly got the impression (reading Mark's fitness recommendations) that Crossfit wasn't well aligned with Primal fitness regimens.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielP View Post
    I quickly got the impression (reading Mark's fitness recommendations) that Crossfit wasn't well aligned with Primal fitness regimens.
    Depends on your fitness level.

mattrogers55 is offline Member
    First day at 24 hour fitness.

So starting on a Saturday midmorning probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight. The place was packed. I remembered from the walkthrough that they had two C2 Rowers so I walked straight there, trying not to look as lost as I was.

Did a light 500 meter row to warm up

I then did 10 sets of 125m row-sprints starting at the top of each minute. I usually finished in 30 seconds so it was almost even between work and rest.

Wasn't sure where to go next since it was my first day so I saw the big multiple cable pulley machine. It had the best pull up bars sadly so I did 5 sets of 5 pullups & 10 pushups.

A nice imprompt to push/pull day. I didn't feel like fighting to get into the barbell section, but now I know to do barbell work during non-peak hours.
    "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace by those who have been trained by it."

HT: 6' 2"
    Peak Wt: 303lbs- Nov 1st 2011
    Current Wt: 240lbs- Sep 1st 2012

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Crossfit is way too expensive in my opinion. My family of four is all on membership at the local globo for a third (or less) of me doing crossfit. If you know how to do the exercises and workouts, it doesn't matter where you are doing it.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is expensive, but the crossfit gym i go too is well worth the price. We are doing a 2 day o-lift clinic this weekend. We have skills clinics regularly. We have nutritional seminars every couple months. 3 locations and some great coaches that are certified in alot more than just crossfit.

Ive worked with my coaches extensively beyond just doing the wod. They are there for me 7 days a week.

If you find the right crossfit, you will find a value that surpasses any globo gym and is a fraction of the price of a personal trainer.

Not even mentiong the part about showing up with a bunch of like minded people at the same time everyday... where everyone knows your name... lol
    Last edited by deepglades; 01-21-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast