Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I lose 50pounds in 3 months? page

lolawolf is offline Member

Can I lose 50pounds in 3 months?

Shop Now
    I'm wondering if it's possible while primal, and how to make it happen? Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, motivation or inspiration?

Thanks

kgswenson is offline Junior Member
    Well, I'm no expert but I will share with you what knowledge I hold:

I will not say it is impossible to lose 50lbs in approx. 12 weeks. Especially while primal. However, you may have to be incredibly strictly primal (like under 20g of carbs per day), and probably make sure the calories you ingest are the proper kind (don't ask me, others probably know better than I.)

However, what I have heard to be true is that losing more than 3lbs a week can shock your body into poor health. I don't know what the statistics of this observation are, so I can't advise you as to your chances of this happening. I also don't know exactly what kinds of poor health consequences can happen. Everyone's bodies are different and react differently, you'll have to judge for yourself.

What I ultimately recommend would be: do more strength training, and either extend your timeline by another three months or half your goal weight loss for the three months.

Blah is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how much you have to lose.
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Depends on how much you have to lose.
    Yes, this. But WHY do you need to lose 50 lbs in 3 months? Health is a journey, not a destination. That said, yes, it is totally possible as many have done it (look up success stories), whether or not your body will do it or needs to is a totally different question. Really depends on how much FAT you have to lose and how much MUSCLE you have.

lolawolf is offline Member
    I'd like to lose that much to look decent for an anime convention but also to feel better about myself and to have more energy. I have plenty of fat.I'd guess 50 or 60pounds worth of it.I've gained probably 5 or 10 pounds of muscle I guess since I started lifting weights a while back

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    You can probably expect to loose 1-2 pounds of fat per week if you are strict...If you really pushed you can prob do more.
    Remember this is a life time journey not a short term fix.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lolawolf View Post
    I'd like to lose that much to look decent for an anime convention but also to feel better about myself and to have more energy. I have plenty of fat.I'd guess 50 or 60pounds worth of it.I've gained probably 5 or 10 pounds of muscle I guess since I started lifting weights a while back
    No. Its not going to happen. Set more realistic sane goals and you will have be just fine. Focus on sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by kgswenson View Post
    you may have to be incredibly strictly primal (like under 20g of carbs per day)
    No. Stop.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had a total of about 60 lbs to lose and I lost about 20 lbs of it in the first three months. But I also lost at least 3 pants sizes in that time. i think if you eat primal foods and do some moderate exercise you will probably feel great about the way you look for your event - even if you are not exactly at your dream goal.

Nikola is offline Junior Member
    Actually, you can, but your skin won't like it...

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Not a great idea. 6 months is not unrealistic. But super-fast weight loss is uniquely unhealthy. More realistic and better for your health in every way would be allocate a year.
    The Dukahn diet and the Rapid Fat Loss (RFL, Lyle McDonald) diet are both "extreme" diets for very rapid fat loss and muscle preservation that work if you stick with them, and they are both 100% compatible with paleo principles. But I don't think they are healthy.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast