Thread: Adding Primal Blueprint Fitness page

gault is offline Junior Member

Adding Primal Blueprint Fitness

Primal Fuel
    It is the middle of winter here in Indiana, and it seems like spring is not going to get here any time soon. I read the Primal Blueprint in July of last year (2011), and have been applying its nutrition principles since the end of July 2011.

I started my PB journey at 37 years old, 6' tall and over 315lbs. I had been taking blood pressure meds, acid reflux meds, and was battling chronic intestinal issues, as sleep apnea was a problem (not diagnosed, but my wife said i would stop breathing and gasp for air in the middle of the night), not to mention terrible snoring.

At this point, I now weigh 263lbs that is a loss of 52lbs, I no longer take any prescription drugs, have no intestinal issues to speak of, and sleep quietly breathing through the night.

All this is wonderful, and it has been done by following the nutrition aspects of PB alone. While I have been walking a bit more, and have had to exert myself a bit during hunting season, I have not done anything with the fitness aspects of PB. In fact, as a programmer, I sit 90% of my waking day.

I have read the PBF e-book and have started following the recommended program. I will be walking a lot more than I have been, I will incorporate sprints and lifting heaving things. My goal is to reach the master level of the 5 essential moves, but I will be starting with level 1 on each of them.

I would like to here your experience with adding PBF to your routine. How has it effected your PB experience.
    -- Chris

Primal Since: July 20, 2011
    Starting Korg Weight: 315 lbs.
    Current Weight: 263 lbs.
    Goal Grok weight: 175 lbs.

Nexium Last Day: January 1, 2012

Website: Ezekiel's Garden, where we talk about faith, permacuture, green building, sustainable living and of course primal living.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I was actually a little too thin and gaunt before I started workng out again, after losing 40 pounds, down to 146. I'm now back to about 155, and it's not fat.
    In addition, I'm performing measurably better than I have in about 11 or so years. I have military fitness tests going back almost 12 years, and the last time I was scoring this high was when I was 20, and finishing up my nine months of initial training.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    good luck!

im waiting to heal up from surgery more and also lose a few more pounds before i start PBF

i see we started around the same time and same weight.. good luck!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html