Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Snacks! page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Second topic of the day, so many questions. In my other thread I mentioned that im pondering the primal lifestyle (have had a low carb, high fat diet before), but I am doing a bit of ground work first.

When I was on the anabolic diet (Stronglifts), I had scrambled egg and bacon cooked in butter every morning, I loved it. But other than a couple of good meals, things felt very disjointed and un-natural. There would be times where I would be hungry and have nothing to prepare. I would just chop off a lump of cheese and eat it just to get a fat fix. I felt limited and eventually lost interest (and to cut down on BF% a bit!).

I know Mark has many good snack articles, but I wanted to hear it from you guys. We all have times in our lives were we simply cant prepare snacks, or we simply don't have the ingredients (out of chicken breasts?! bohhh!).

I bought a blender off amazon and plan to use it to make many smoothies, Im really looking foward to getting a damn blender, how silly is that !

So what are your favorite snacks/mini meals that you enjoy when you have to go out for a day, or those days where you just want something small and smart, but easily made?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

A blender/processor duo is on my shopping list. I love appliances!

I don't really snack, per se. As far as quick & easy meals, I love my post-workout breakfast. 1 scoop of whey, frozen fruits and veggies, and a couple raw eggs. Quick and yummy.

My two favorite recipes are

1 cup water

2 raw eggs

1 scoop chocolate whey

1/4 cup frozen blueberries

1/4 cup frozen carrots

and

1 cup water

2 raw eggs

1 small/medium apple (I have frozen slices right now.)

1 scoop vanilla whey

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

Otherwise, I don't really snack. I might grab a few almonds or walnuts at random, or a bite of cheese, but it's really pretty rare. If I don't have time to cook a real meal, I typically IF.

Worse comes to worse, I buy a $6 salad at Wegmans. Lots of healthy ingredients, but expensive. OR a rotisserie chicken for $5. Again, rare. I'm a cheapskate- lol.

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

smoothies...thats a good snack.

nuts (almonds,walnuts) with a small apple.

celery sticks with home made pimento cheese ?

beef/venison/squid jerky..

that is all i can think of now

AlanBradin is offline Junior Member

I buy small snack-size ziplock bags and fill them an assortment of nuts, dried fruit, jerky, and one of every three will have a half a serving of 85% dark chocolate. I make 10 at a time so, if I know I'm going to be out for a while and away from any paleo food, I can grab them quick.

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Squid jerky! Freakin' awesome - This is the first I've heard of that. Do you buy it or is it homemade? IF you make it yourself, Got a good recipe?

verdilak is offline Member

I rarely snack, but when I do, I like:

Almonds, walnuts, nuts in general

a handful of berries

2 hardboiled eggs mashed up with some butter and microwaved for a minute

my wife makes these egg omlets in muffin tins that are fantastic for a quick snack-like meal on the go

8 ounces of natural fruit juices

small square of almond flour brownies

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Athena is offline Senior Member

I really dont snack but if I HAVE to eat something ill have raw almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds

TenYearStorm Guest

Buttered veggies, almond butter and apples, blueberries and cream, cheese, trail mix, oh I know--shots of heavy cream!

TenYearStorm Guest

Dried sausages like salami or something are good too!

Parmesan "crisps", 1/2 of a coconut, eggs, avocado... the list goes on.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Poooooork riiiiiiinds!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast