Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloating. page

bdilla is offline Senior Member

Bloating.

Shop Now
    So far I'm a pretty good representative of PB success. I've lost nearly 50 lbs in three months, and I feel fantastic. However, I had bad bloating and gas issues before I started PB, and they're still prevalent as ever. I can always burp something up, and it's very uncomfortable to relax my abdomen because it just feels like there's a big lump in my stomach. My bowel movements are regular and I even started doing the squat method here and there, lol. But no matter what, it's straining to try to breathe through my diaphragm (which I subconsciously have been dong for years, so I'm constantly feeling *almost* short of breath) and overall it's just tough to relax because I get so bloated. I've tried cutting out dairy, alcohol, nuts, etc... but nothing seems to work.

It's really driving me crazy, I feel like I can't live normally with this. If you want any more information about my diet, exercise, or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask me.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Is it after every meal or just sometimes?

What did you have to eat recently that resulted in the yucky bloating and burping something up?

Julie

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have any dairy?

patski is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking it's a gut flora issue (lack of good buggers), or a sick gallbladder presenting itself. Could be both! Speaking from experience.

I would try probiotics to start. If that doesn't improve things, digestive enzymes with ox bile are next.

A friend got sick anytime she ate meat or high fat. I gave her some digestive enzymes, and she was ecstatic! Cured, she says.

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    I would try probiotics to start. If that doesn't improve things, digestive enzymes with ox bile are next.
    That's what I've been trying lately. I've got the same problem and I suspect gall bladder.

bdilla, do you eat grains or legumes?

patski is offline Senior Member
    As a side note, my gallbladder was so bad I had it removed. It tormented me for years, and I had no idea what it was. I actually thought I was having severe BACK issues and spent way too much $$$ on multiple chiropractors over the course of two years.

When I started pooping white stool, my chiro never told me to see my family doc ASAP. He told me my stool is comprised of waste based on what I eat. Yeah, no shit! (Pun intended). But white/yellow stool is serious! I still didn't see my family doc.

When things got really bad with my appendix, that's when I found out about my gallbladder. I was gobsmacked, and felt like a fool. Either way, I'm glad I had it removed. Over ten years of agonizing pain gone in an hour surgery

Raine is offline Member
    Have you been to the doctor and had tests to rule out medical conditions including cancer??. No need to be alarmed, but it's not always about food.

Otherwise if that's all been done it could be due to rough veggies like brocolli etc plus veggies like onion and garlic are pretty rough on the guts as are some spices lke curry. You could be fructose intolerant. I can't eat fruit because my stomach blows right out and the pain is horrible.

I have it all the time. Every morning when I wake up and throughout the day.

I'm 20 years old. I've been having this since I was probably 17 or 18. I have gone to a gastroenterologist for it, had an upper endoscopy. Said I had some irritation, said it was gastritis. Gave me some shit called DigEx. Didn't help.

I tried probiotics for a long time, didn't help.

I do not eat grains or legumes. Ever.

I eat mostly meat that I buy from a local farm. Grass fed beef, pork, wild fish, organic and/or pastured eggs, etc. I get most of my vegetables from juicing about 3-4 times week. I do eat a fair amount of onions and garlic. Everything organic. Lots of high quality fats, very low carb. Some days I eat extra carb for my workouts. I rarely eat nuts.

I drink raw milk and eat grass-fed and raw cheese when I have them. Probably too much when I have them, too. I did not give it thirty days for elimination, only about two weeks. I love milk and cheese so it wasn't easy to give up, but I don't really have both very often so I didn't consider them to be the issue. I do eat fruit, probably once a day or every two days. Apples, pears, black cherry concentrate, have some pineapple in my juices, etc. Maybe I'll try cutting that too.

As for that image of the digestive system, it's usually all over my abdomen. Left side, right side, center and lower ab. I used to massage it when I would lay down, and I would hear all kinds of noises. Bubbles being broken up and liquid sloshing around.

I'll probably go back over to the doctor and have him check it out again.

edit: Oh, and I drink lots of water, take a multivitamin, a D3, a magnesium, and a holy basil supp every day. I have no known allergens.

PS Where can I get some digestive enzymes? I would like to try that before I pay for another hospital visit.
    Last edited by bdilla; 01-21-2012 at 05:06 AM.

I think what I'm going to try right now is to eat some cheese today and monitor exactly how I feel, and then cut it out again, for longer this time. If that, digestive enzymes, and garlic / onions don't help, I'll go to the doc.

advice bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast