Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs' high fructose diet page 9

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Still coming here? Ok, let's see if I can still put one together in less than 10 minutes.
    Of course! October baby. If I get the visa, that is

Cool, but it has to run Final Cut Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Linux users are getting a chuckle out of this thread.
    I got a chuckle out of one poster telling us we should be talking about more important things. He meant diet, not world peace
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Steve Jobs wasn't brilliant, nor did he revolutionize or invent anything. He was a genius at marketing, I will give him that. In fact, he was actually a pretty selfish, arrogant, self-absorbed, detestable person, really.
    Finally. Someone agrees. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing, though you use many negative words.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Sure. Great line of typical Apple-hating defence there,label somebody a fanboy because they have a fucking different opinion or taste towards someone with lesser quality or expectations. (do share why you hate Apple, most just have a pre-convieved notions that Apple are a piece-o-shit without giving them two thoughts, based on a 0.1GHZ processor speed difference ot $200 price difference)

Spying on their users is laughable EVERYONE is doing it. Doesn't make it right, but there's nothing we can do. People buy Apple shit knowing full well that once you go Apple, go don't go back because it makes one's life easier and more fluent. Take a look at those whom use Apple stuff, they are intelligent people most of the time creatives, not dumb brain-fucks whom sit in the dark hacking people all day or playing games. "Should" hate Apple if you want "freedom", that's dumber than avoiding HFCS. Again, pre-convieved notions of someone whom probably has never touched an Apple product, is threatened by their capabilities/design/market increase or just feel that avoiding Apple will mean they are rebellious.

Apple users buy their shit because it fulfills their needs in a high quality class of product (beyond design) and have supreme after sales support for the very expensive devices. Geeks only buy other brands because they like to think they are rebels against apple and because in 2 months they can dismantle their $500 PC and change a $40 component. Sure there is a market for that, but like I said, geeks whom care about a number, not productivity from a well produced and though out device.
    What a bunch of senseless drivel, right down to stereotypes and labeling which is typical of a consumerist sheep who buys into Apple's propaganda. Hardware is everything, and any creativity can be performed better on better hardware. I fail to see how Apple products automatically make one creative and intelligent. If anything it's the opposite, because they bought into a brand.
    It's not 0.1GHz, you failed to address all the other things I brought up in response to you and earlier in this thread.

You're just spewing the same nonsense that all other Apple drones do. This opinionated, highly offended posts make you a fanboy, whether you like it or not.

I don't need tech support for anything, I'm fully capable of troubleshooting my own computer without being ripped off by Habeeb after an hour of being kept on hold listening to a robot tell me it cares about my business.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    No, are you serious? You call me out for telling you to shut up, and you did the same thing earlier in the thread. Even when striking your personal feelings from the equation in the first comment, you still told me to STFU when calling out Steve Jobs for stealing the UI for the Mac from Xerox(this is fact, not rumor)

I'm not acting like a "twit", it's just I seem to always share the least popular opinion from the majority of people and I'm not afraid to post it because I don't really care how I look on the internet. Most people censor themselves or act unlike themselves in order for people to like them. I don't care.
    You're acting like a twit because you are getting all wound up and emotionally invested in bashing one kind of machine and glorifying another while calling anyone who happens to like another type of machine a "cultist". Cognitive dissonance much?

I only got emotionally invested and angry when you called my friend a "detestable person". That was when I told you to STFU. I don't usually swear, even on the internet, unlike you, Mr. Potty Mouth.

The rest of it is just too silly. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about a machine.

Give it a rest, Derp.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Could one argue that Apple makes an excellent patent lawsuit company?

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Finally. Someone agrees. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing, though you use many negative words.
    Watch out, you're about to be reamed by the Apple Defense Force

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I find gimp horrible, and yeah PS is still the king.
    But now Adobe are making it a dumb monthly subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You're acting like a twit because you are getting all wound up and emotionally invested in bashing one kind of machine and glorifying another while calling anyone who happens to like another type of machine a "cultist". Cognitive dissonance much?

I only got emotionally invested and angry when you called my friend a "despicable person". That was when I told you to STFU. I don't usually swear, even on the internet, unlike you, Mr. Potty Mouth.

The rest of it is just too silly. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about a machine.

Give it a rest, Derp.
    I'm not glorifying anything, there is not one brand I support more than any other based on name alone. I prefer Windows, though I use Linux for browsing most of the time, simply because they offer a superior product that isn't as closed off and freedom invading as iOS is. Linux is entirely free, as in freedom, this is why I prefer it for browsing and listening to music and other stuff. Windows for games and stuff Linux does not do well.

But that's cool, sorry if I offended you about your friend. I didn't even know, but it still doesn't change my opinions. I would have just handled it with less potty mouth and more tact.

But now Adobe are making it a dumb monthly subscription.
    Nah, there is a fix
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    I'm not glorifying anything, there is not one brand I support more than any other based on name alone. I prefer Windows, though I use Linux for browsing most of the time, simply because they offer a superior product that isn't as closed off and freedom invading as iOS is. Linux is entirely free, as in freedom, this is why I prefer it for browsing and listening to music and other stuff. Windows for games and stuff Linux does not do well.
    I don't care. You have your opinion. Fine. Give it a rest.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Could one argue that Apple makes an excellent patent lawsuit company?
    Don't know, but it makes a canny pie though.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast