Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs' high fructose diet page 8

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No, are you serious? You call me out for telling you to shut up, and you did the same thing earlier in the thread. Even when striking your personal feelings from the equation in the first comment, you still told me to STFU when calling out Steve Jobs for stealing the UI for the Mac from Xerox(this is fact, not rumor)

I'm not acting like a "twit", it's just I seem to always share the least popular opinion from the majority of people and I'm not afraid to post it because I don't really care how I look on the internet. Most people censor themselves or act unlike themselves in order for people to like them. I don't care.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    No, are you serious? You call me out for telling you to shut up, and you did the same thing earlier in the thread. Even when striking your personal feelings from the equation in the first comment, you still told me to STFU when calling out Steve Jobs for stealing the UI for the Mac from Xerox(this is fact, not rumor)

I'm not acting like a "twit", it's just I seem to always share the least popular opinion from the majority of people and I'm not afraid to post it because I don't really care how I look on the internet. Most people censor themselves or act unlike themselves in order for people to like them. I don't care.
    If it makes you feel any better, you managed to convince me in one post that PCs were better than Macs
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, you managed to convince me in one post that PCs were better than Macs
    That's good, I wasn't even going into detail either. If you ever want me to build you a computer, let me know. I'll help you for free. :3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    That's good, I wasn't even going into detail either. If you ever want me to build you a computer, let me know. I'll help you for free. :3
    Yeah, but the way you explained it made sense. I knew that their recent products are more style than substance, but I've had such good experiences with the iMacs and MacBooks that I presumed they were better systems. But actually, I think it's just in terms of media data organisation that they're superior, which is a style over substance thing. I spoke to my housemate about it last night and he agreed with you anyway

Great! I'll take you up on that when I move to CALI-FORN-I-A

Anyway, back on topic: fruit is awesome!

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Still coming here? Ok, let's see if I can still put one together in less than 10 minutes.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Linux users are getting a chuckle out of this thread.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I use both Windows and Linux, but Linux lacks software support and games.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    So true. Ubuntu was speedy and stable but I could never get used to gimp. Gotta have my PS.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I find gimp horrible, and yeah PS is still the king.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Figures an Apple fanboy would try to dog Samsung. And, the same retina macbook pro that suffers from image retention? Or, the same retina macbook pro that at native resolution cannot sustain 30FPS on scrolling Facebook? Or, the same retina macbook pro with RAM benches soldered on the motherboard, not letting users make upgrades or change the benches with faster ones. Oh, also the SSD drive isn't compatible with the aftermarket ones, blocking the users' choice from switching to faster and cheaper drives. Also the battery is soldered too, so, if it breaks, you're fucked.

The resolution is amazing, but the image quality is garbage, because you have Nvidia Optimus with IGP and an Nvidia Geforce GT650M with 1 GB of VRAM(really?) Not even touching on all the other problems or the iPhone crap. And build quality? Please. It's all cheap Foxconn shit or old outdated hardware.

All this "quality" for 300% more money than similar products with much better hardware. I hate Apple because of the way they lock down their systems, spy on their userbase, and spend millions on patent shenanigans all while charging their loyal brainwashed drones much more money for inferior products. Anyone who likes freedom should hate Apple, period.

P.S.: I don't care if you "fall out with me", it's the internet, and I'm entitled to my own opinions as you are. If you post a comment in my direction I'm going to respond every time. I suggest not being offended or being so personally invested in a company that doesn't give two shits about you and sees you as a walking shekel. Despite my comments here seeming rather opposite of my intentions, I don't actually care remotely about whether someone else likes x company or not. I like no companies, really, I just especially hate Apple. I can see the fault in anything.

And yeah donating small sums is good for PR with all those polo wearing vegans at Starbucks. Apple is GREEN
    Sure. Great line of typical Apple-hating defence there,label somebody a fanboy because they have a fucking different opinion or taste towards someone with lesser quality or expectations. (do share why you hate Apple, most just have a pre-convieved notion that Apple are a piece-o-shit without giving them two thoughts, based on a 0.1GHZ processor speed difference or $200 price difference)

Spying on their users is laughable EVERYONE is doing it (and patent wars, by the way, don't be so ignorant to avoid that) Doesn't make it right, but there's nothing we can do. People buy Apple shit knowing full well that once you go Apple, go don't go back because it makes one's life easier and more fluent. Take a look at those whom use Apple stuff, they are intelligent people most of the time creatives, not dumb brain-fucks whom sit in the dark hacking people all day or playing games (on Facebook!) "Should" hate Apple if you want "freedom", that's dumber than avoiding HFCS. Again, pre-convieved notions of someone whom probably has never touched an Apple product, is threatened by their capabilities/design/market increase or just feel that avoiding Apple will mean they are rebellious.

Apple users buy their shit because it fulfills their needs in a high quality class of product (beyond design) and have supreme after sales support for the very expensive devices. Geeks only buy other brands because they like to think they are rebels against apple and because in 2 months they can dismantle their $500 PC and change a $40 component. Sure there is a market for that, but like I said, geeks whom care about a number, not productivity from a well produced and thought out device. (another reason ever company but Apple have very few product lines and update most hardware anually and not because of some Tech conference to get media attention) Ironically, since Samsung manufacture a LOT of stuff for Apple, it's Apple whom give a damn about Samsung! Samsung make for themselves yet used under-age labour (fact). Also, HTC have only just started copying the idea of CNC iPhone cases. Apple did this years ago. I'm guessing they don't measure in MICRONS the degree of fit to each phone chasis. BTW, a lot of apple hardware is made in the USA or UK, it's just assembled in China. The "cheap Foxconn shit" is the shit that doesn't matter anyway. People care about how it feels, not whether the plastic inside is microns denser than another brand.

PS. I got the Retina MBP a months after it came out. Huge demand = shit quality control and I had a IR screen. What did I do? Complain and within 2 days I got a brand spanking new one, with £70 refund for the inconvenience. Please tell me of anyone whom give that, like Sony with their even more expensive "comparable" laptop.

The PR stuff is perhaps true, and I hate the fact that Mac users are painted as being vegans at starbucks... Americans.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast