Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs' high fructose diet page 7

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I did adopt a rhino for nearly a year, but that acorn was sown in a moment of madness
    Madness... OR you may have helped make their dream a reality!

| My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Wow, shut up. Did you even read over this to check for stupidity before submitting it? You're not funny, and that's a horrible example.
    I severely overestimate your intelligence, I believe.
    Says the guy whose witty comeback is, "Wow, shut up."

eta:That rhino is adorable, j3nn.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I wan't going to bother posting in what has become a Mac VS PC (or similar war) but it is only a con to you because you don't see the value in it. Obviously everyone can say what they like but one thing I constantly hear are that Apple is way overpriced. Take a minute to even attempt to look for any level of quality and customer satisfaction that compares to the iPhone to retina Macbook Pro, then decide if Apple are really robbing the millions of whom willing pay for their products.

Derp, I'm not going to fall out with you over this because it's pathetic and as long as there is ever more than one platform, people will argue for hours which doesn't do anything really. (yes, like religious beliefs)

About charitable donations; I think you'll find Apple do give generously, they just don't scream and shout about it. (if you dig, you'll see they donate whatever their employees donate, so 100% more donation. They also create in-the-moment facilities to donate to natural disasters like hurricane sandy and lets not forget "Product RED" for aids which is over 12 years going) Plus, they are the first big tech company to really dial down on labour conditions in China and report on this every month, not easy with over 1 million employees in one factory. (Apple aren't a hero, they are just the first to admit they can do better, even the Korean company Samsung don't care about their own people!)
    Figures an Apple fanboy would try to dog Samsung. And, the same retina macbook pro that suffers from image retention? Or, the same retina macbook pro that at native resolution cannot sustain 30FPS on scrolling Facebook? Or, the same retina macbook pro with RAM benches soldered on the motherboard, not letting users make upgrades or change the benches with faster ones. Oh, also the SSD drive isn't compatible with the aftermarket ones, blocking the users' choice from switching to faster and cheaper drives. Also the battery is soldered too, so, if it breaks, you're fucked.

The resolution is amazing, but the image quality is garbage, because you have Nvidia Optimus with IGP and an Nvidia Geforce GT650M with 1 GB of VRAM(really?) Not even touching on all the other problems or the iPhone crap. And build quality? Please. It's all cheap Foxconn shit or old outdated hardware.

All this "quality" for 300% more money than similar products with much better hardware. I hate Apple because of the way they lock down their systems, spy on their userbase, and spend millions on patent shenanigans all while charging their loyal brainwashed drones much more money for inferior products. Anyone who likes freedom should hate Apple, period.

P.S.: I don't care if you "fall out with me", it's the internet, and I'm entitled to my own opinions as you are. If you post a comment in my direction I'm going to respond every time. I suggest not being offended or being so personally invested in a company that doesn't give two shits about you and sees you as a walking shekel. Despite my comments here seeming rather opposite of my intentions, I don't actually care remotely about whether someone else likes x company or not. I like no companies, really, I just especially hate Apple. I can see the fault in anything.

And yeah donating small sums is good for PR with all those polo wearing vegans at Starbucks. Apple is GREEN
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Says the guy whose witty comeback is, "Wow, shut up."

eta:That rhino is adorable, j3nn.
    That wasn't my attempt at being witty, clearly, so, as you so elegantly put it: shut the fuck up.

Oh, btw, since you can't see 2 inches in front of your ego which is incredibly robust and annoying:

Really? You didn't know him personally. I did. You know tabloid dreck. STFU.

Again, prove it or STFU.
    Pot and kettle.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    That wasn't my attempt at being witty, clearly, so, as you so elegantly put it: shut the fuck up.

Oh, btw, since you can't see 2 inches in front of your ego which is incredibly robust and annoying.
    How does caring about the memory of my friend make me egotistical?

At least I had the forum decorum enough to abbreviate it. Sheesh.

Everyone knows you're incredibly conceited and hypocritical, it's nothing new. Though, I guess hypocrite would have been more appropriate there.

This is actually nice though, feels like old times when everyone in one thread gangs up on me.
    nihil

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    In my experience, people who donate to charity, or work with charities are not necessarily nicer people.

And I agree with you J3nn - I don't give to charity either, but I am very generous and giving to the people in my life. Oh wait... I did adopt a rhino for nearly a year, but that acorn was sown in a moment of madness
    what did you name him?!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Paleobird Guest
    Everyone knows you're incredibly conceited and hypocritical, it's nothing new. Though, I guess hypocrite would have been more appropriate there.

This is actually nice though, feels like old times when everyone in one thread gangs up on me.
    So it's hypocritical to care about the memory of a friend?

People are ganging up on you because you are acting like a twit. Seems like you thrive on the attention. Kisses.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    what did you name him?!
    And do you have pictures?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    what did you name him?!
    Bluto

And do you have pictures?
    They sent me stuff in the mail every now and again... honestly I didn't really care: I knew I wasn't really adopting anything - just donating to their organisation.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-21-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast