Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal - They call me BUTTLOCK (IM A FAT WHALE) page 2

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear you are still alive and ambulatory on the planet:-)

I had "the chest pain" thing last year and it scared the crap out of me and helped
    me decide to change my decadent habits somewhat (there were many, there are still a few)

The not-being-hungry thing is a bonus with eating the fat--your Buttlock Balls may be magic that way.

I think you will break 300 soon if you stick to your plan. I agree w/ others to lose the turkey bacon in favor of the real thing.
    Who knows what nasty by-product bits "end up" in turkey bacon anyway?

Good luck on your journey. I have lost about 20 pounds of fat so far and if I can do it, anyone can. . .

BeachTeach is offline Senior Member
    I'm giggling like a 13 year old at BAWLS and all your tart little reference. Perhaps that's because I teach that age and I still think farts are funny.

One of the beautiful side effects of primal/paleo is being full. There are lots of nights when I just have a snack instead of dinner because I'm too full. Right now I'm thinking about skipping breakfast because I'm not hungry, but worried then that someone will bring some kind of sugar-crack to share with the class and my stomach will remember I haven't fed it and take ALL the tasties away from the kid.

Glad you found fish to be tasty instead of nasty. Salmon is one of the stronger flavored fish, but it's also got a nice texture. If texture is a thing for you, you might want to skip tilapia as it can get mushy. I don't love it.

Yeah, under 300 is headed your way and SOON.
    I blog about living life to the fullest at The Hairy Edge. Check it out! (Or not. We can still be friends. )

YEAH! I figure at this rate it'll take a few weeks. My lady parts are currently waging war at the moment with an unknown yet formidable foe ( ah ..haha ..huuuuuu) so my scale's being stupid.

That's one thing I need to do -- not weigh myself every stinking day of my existence. So I'll just throw it it in the closet until next Thursday, which I think will have been 30 days since I rererererestarted eating primal.

The full thing is kind of weird; I'll take two bites of something and immediately start feeling a full sensation. It's not strong by any means, but if I were to follow what my stomach is saying, I'd be eating about 4 bites of something every 3 hours. So I just don't. I don't like snacking. I eat 2 - 3 meals a day -- that's it. I just found it odd as I haven't experienced that ever before.

I will be taking the advice and dropping the turkey bacon. I went to a store with my BF and was getting upset cause ...when I think about buying meat I get so fucken frustrated. I was in the store getting all mad and my boyfriend said something like "FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS".

Luckily I found this broad's book Well Fed: Paleo Recipes For People Who Love To Eat | theclothesmakethegirl . I checked out her sample and I am digging the protein recipes she has that are totally primal. One of the reasons I was getting so frustrated is because a lot of the recipes I would get online I wouldn't consider primal ...unless they used offal. Aaaand I'm not ready for that.

OHHHHH YEAH I found some grass fed beef at one of my local stores but it looked ... I don't know. I ... JUST DONT KNOW (it looked like slop -- I don't know if that's normal someone help me out here). The end

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I love the girl who wrote Well Fed and her blog! I haven't actually purchased the book yet, but I think I will if I can get a friggin job sometime soon. I've been researching and toying with the idea of an official Leptin Reset thing too, but want to start off by incorporating some of the habits before I try it full bore. Those include really, really getting all the sleep I need, not snacking at all and not eating within 4 hours of bed time. I lost two pounds the week I did that without much exercise. I've been lazy with those habits in the last week and haven't lost any weight.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

HELLO EVERYONE

I am still alive and well. My bf has started to notice some fat movement as I have. My weight at the moment is 303.2. I wanted to lose 10 pounds for January and met that goal (a couple days ago) so YEAH!

At this rate, my next goal should arrive sooner than expected -- maybe by the end of this week. I don't have anything to report except that I forgot to mention I have been using the Primal Fitness ebook since last week. I'm doing all the beginner moves (obviously) but having a difficult time doing the plank ones. Oh and I don't really have a way to do the pull-ups yet.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I started at almost 300 and it CAN be done! I am at 255 (gained some back after getting real sick - not PB related, just a burst abscess + sepsis - and had to get emergency surgery last year, herp derp) but one thing I noticed and wanted to mention is, don't watch the scale TOO hard. Reason I say that is because my khakis which USED to be tight and then they were loose but then they started tightening up again after HERPDERP surgery are once again falling off my ass after 1 month, but the scale hasn't budged yet. Sometimes your body just hangs on to 'weight' even though the fat is sliding off. It's mentioned elsewhere on this board that people can actually GAIN weight while they're LOSING fat because the body goes through a healing process. And if it's people like us who've been taking a huge dump on our insides for 30 years following conventional wisdom or just plain ol' EAT ALL THE THINGS, that healing may take a while. I just know that I'm losing some fat again already because of the way my clothes fit and the way my body feels.

I know I'm still a fatty with a long way to go yet, but life sure feels a lot better at 245 than it does at 295. I seriously thought I was going to end up with diabetes or a heart attack or something. I don't feel deprived at all on Primal. In fact I'm eating like a queen. I love to cook and everything I've put in my mouth to lose that first 50 has been delicious.

It may also be that I just have a sucky scale. I was playing around with it last night and noticed that I could 'gain' or 'lose' 10 pounds depending on where I put the scale on the floor, so I don't put much stock in the scale. It's there more as a 'reminder' to me that I'm 'watching my weight' rather than a progress yardstick.

Yeah, I know not to watch the scale. It's just a fucken habit. The only difference is it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, when I expected to lose a pound a day for the first month or so because I was so large. I know it's different now. I'm still just as large but having dieted on and off for about three years just jacked shit up.

I'm happy that I lost 10 pounds in January and I'll shit myself once I get to 299 from 335 lbs, after trying to lose the same 35 pounds for about two years.

Basically I'm saying it's easier to go on the scale than measure myself because I'm so god damn rotund that it makes it difficult to get accurate measurements.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I keep my scale in the same spot just for the reasons you guys mention and don't take each day too seriously. It's fun when things are moving down, but when not, just stay the course. I've lost over 100lbs and have found that things generally move forward in the spring and summer for me - maybe it's a light thing. Anyway, hang in there - you are making more progress than you give yourself credit for!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just saying hey, love your attitude and your scribblins. I'm rooting for ya!

On fitness: I'm a weak, weak, little string bean and always have been. Incorporating more meat into my diet (by going primal) and sans grains (see previous parathetical note) has allowed me to be able to hold a plank position for up to 20 SECONDS after a prior all time high of about 2. You can do it, you will get there, and this way of eating will definitely help I spend no more than 1/2 hr exercising per week, I'd wager, and I am making huge improvements in my functional strength (carrying heavy things like groceries) and cardio (without even doing any!).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12