Thread: Tips for a primal holiday on Maui? page

Emseven is offline Member

Tips for a primal holiday on Maui?

I'll be vacationing on Maui with my family (husband and toddler) in February, and I'm looking for tips for the best restaurants to stay as primal as possible during our trip. We'll have a kitchen in our condo/hotel, so we plan to make our own breakfasts, at the very least.
    We'll be based near Lahaina, I believe.
    Anyone know some good restos? Markets?
    And what are the local treats that it would be worth it to stray into our 20% for? (We don't have any problems with gluten and dairy per se, other than the inevitable bloating and regret!)
    Thanks for your advice!

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I'd check out Slow Food Maui's Facebook page and ask there as well. While they're not necessarily Paleo, they are concerned with food quality. That said, here is a link to their webpage: Slow Food Maui . Another great resource is eatwild.com.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Stop by Sack N Save and pick up some Poke. (Basicially raw marinated fish) It is delicious! Easy to keep in your condo fridge. If you have a car and are going to the Maui Ocean center in Maalaea, have lunch at Beach Bums, they have the BEST fish tacos I have ever had! Huge portions so you don't even want the tortilla with them. There are lots of road side fruit stands that you can swing into and get fresh papayas, etc. You can also get local beef from the Maui Cattle Company at several restaurants. Just avoid the chains, and find the local spots. Maui no ka oi!

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Look for ogo. Amazingly yummy seaweed. Stores have fantastic fresh sushi. Go tropical on fruits.
    http://www.bestofmauiguide.com/farmersmarket.html. There is on in lahaina also, forgot the street.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 02-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Emseven is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, everyone! I'm pretty excited for all the fresh fish and fruit. And seaweed--excellent.