Thread: Pre-Workout Nutrition for 3x5 Strength training page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hi, recently discoverd this site and have been hooked on the articles, Mark seems like a great guy. I've been on a low-carb 'diet' before. It did wonders for my bulking weight training, although I did go crazy on the Kcals and got a bit of unwanted BF%. That was with no cardio though! This site is convincing me to go at it again, with a healthier and more sensible approach! Pretty sure I will be going primal within the coming weeks!

I couldn't find an article on this, Normally 2 hours before my gym I have peanut butter on 2 slices of brown bread. This keeps my blood sugar stable and doesn't make me crash in the gym.

What Primal pre-workout meal/snack should I have before the gym. I am training for gains so it needs to be sustainable for an INTENSE workout. Im sure some of you people practice intense strength training, what do you chow down a couple of hours before your workouts?

louden is offline Junior Member

I'm all for the natural peanut butter, but what I do is eat that with a sliced apple instead of bread...

efmoto is offline Junior Member

This might help,

http://tinyurl.com/ylhuj2b

claude512 is offline Senior Member

that was harsh and uncalled for...

Rude, But funny,

dude i have noticed my 5x5 training and strength has gone up majorly especially my bench press and i have lots of stamina. I used to be more explosive but now i have endurance and am currently up to a 210lb bench press(almost my body weight)

I like a scoop of whey protein and a banana 45 to 60 minutes before I hit the gym or dojo. I find if I don't have the banana, I get real light headed when lifting or doing BJJ.

Mr B Guest

lol @ efmoto....sorry, that's pretty funny

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

I was always made to believe that the preworkout meal was critical to gym performance, especially intense strength training. I mean two slices of bread and peanut butter wasn't huge, but it did the job.

Cant see how an apple and some peanut butter can supplement my workouts.

Will have to come up with an easy preworkout shake. Perhaps:

Banana

Yoghurt (Greek 0% fat)

Peanut butter (1/2 spoons)

Icecubes

Raw egg perhaps

I dunno, Im just trying to do the research before I hit the weights tommorow Don't wanna be crashing out