Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Paula Deen become the new face of Paleo/Primal eating? page

Roth is offline Junior Member

Should Paula Deen become the new face of Paleo/Primal eating?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Paula's diet is totally Paleo, with the exception of a few vices in it (sugar and flour.)

With her recent "outing" as a diabetic, many people are quick to point the finger at her abnormal fascination with butter-fried in butter dipped in butter, covered in melted butter.

Let's turn Paula Deen around and teach her the error of her ways (mostly her refined carb intake) and get her over on our side. She'll still have her show, except now she can cook Paleo-friendly, low-carb, high-fat meals and bring Paleo/Primal to the public.

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    No. She's deceived people to compromise their health for her financial gain. She shouldn't be the "face" of anything.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Do you think she deliberately deceived people or was all that sugar & flour typical CW ignorance? I know next to nothing about the woman (don't have a TV) but agree if someone that well known were she to turn her diabetes around with paleo it would be amazing.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth View Post
    Paula's diet is totally Paleo, with the exception of a few vices in it (sugar and flour.)

With her recent "outing" as a diabetic, many people are quick to point the finger at her abnormal fascination with butter-fried in butter dipped in butter, covered in melted butter.

Let's turn Paula Deen around and teach her the error of her ways (mostly her refined carb intake) and get her over on our side. She'll still have her show, except now she can cook Paleo-friendly, low-carb, high-fat meals and bring Paleo/Primal to the public.
    Flour is made from grains, which are the biggest vice for Paleos. And sugar isn't so good either. How is she different from CW advocates?
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    You live by the wheat you die by the wheat...either you drop grains and refined foods or face the consequences.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I don't see her diet as anywhere near paleo or primal. Yes, she loves bacon, butter, and meat, as many of us do, but she also uses lots of sugar, grains, and bad cooking oils in her recipes. Now, I would love it if she went primal, got her health in order, and became a poster child for what good, whole, healthy foods can do for you even when they're tasty and full of natural fats, red meats, etc. It doesn't matter to me what she has been or what she is now. If she could get her act together, then I'd be happy for her and glad to have someone with a big spotlight on her show the advantages of healthy food.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    We have a poster chef - Michael Symon. I think he only uses grains when he has little choice, most of his Iron Chef dishes have none.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Do you think she deliberately deceived people or was all that sugar & flour typical CW ignorance?...
    You think she was diabetic but kept cooking with all of that sugar and high GI food because she didn't know it was bad?

Raine is offline Member
    Butter isn't true paleo.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    We have a poster chef - Michael Symon. I think he only uses grains when he has little choice, most of his Iron Chef dishes have none.
    Hell yeah -- and he's a helluva lot better-looking...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast