Thread: Hi everybody! page

bleujinnii is offline Junior Member

Wink Hi everybody!

Primal Fuel
    Alrighty, so I'm 25 years old and I feel like I'm closer to 50 (no offense Mark, I'm sure you probably feel closer to 25!). I was an athlete growing up and I really enjoyed being active. I chose a different less successful path in life and was blessed with my first born child. My metabolism slowed to a snails pace. I had thought I was living just fine, eating what I wanted, consuming large amounts of alcohol (not while I was pregnant of course) and to lose weight I'd just stop eating for a few days. I actually just found I wasn't hungry. I know that is terrible, I knew it then too. Well once I had my son and was what I considered more or less stuck in my house with a newborn, I just staid sedentary.

Well my now 6 year old is tired of waiting around for fat ole mom to catch up, he gets frustrated that I don't have the energy to play outside with him and it breaks my heart. 6 years went by in the blink of an eye and I don't want to lose any more time with him, especially while he is still interested in hanging out with me. I want to get healthy so I can climb up (or better yet race my son up) the flight of stairs to our apartment and to go outside and play ball with him. So after my mom began researching a new life style change and stumbled upon this website, she shared it in her blog. I had already began reading some on the Paleo diet and so it was easy enough for me to wrap my head around Mark's Primal Blueprint.

We had our last pizza on dough tonight and I sat there chewing (and chewing, that stuff is hard to chew when you don't have the t.v. to distract you) and realized that it really didn't taste all that great. I think all that eating in front of the t.v. has helped me over come just how nasty some of that stuff is. My son somewhat has mourned the loss of the infamous PB&J but I think once he tries some real, fresh, food that it won't take him long to realize that this is how food should be. I have been struggling with losing weight for the past 6 years and I am so ready to get my life back. I threw out all the grains in my house tonight, so tomorrow I hit the grocery store ready to get my Primal on.

MyDogTuff is offline Junior Member
    How are you doing so far? Hope things are going well!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    to lose weight I'd just stop eating for a few days. I actually just found I wasn't hungry. I know that is terrible, I knew it then too.
    No, that is called IFing (intermittent fasting) and it is a key part of primal.

Welcome and good luck on primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogTuff View Post
    How are you doing so far? Hope things are going well!
    So far so good. I came down with a stomach bug yesterday but I am doing better today. I haven't had any bread or sugar for four days now. I love all the recipes, the food is very good. My son, who is a very picky eater, loves it too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    No, that is called IFing (intermittent fasting) and it is a key part of primal.

Welcome and good luck on primal.
    Well, that's good to know. I didn't purposely not eat, I just wasn't hungry. I had gotten into the habit in recent years to binge eat. Thank you!